posers

:lol: im just wondering how some of you feel about the sport of atv's. i myself dont plan on selling my bike or trading it for anything, anytime soon. i see people cashing in there banshees for mustangs and trucks on here. i can see myself riding my bike when im in my 40's heck maybe 50's god willing. and i dont get injured or anything. i think some people just dont know what they want and like to have the bling and spend there $$. even if it means i can only ride my bike 4 times a year i will still keep it clean and running. though when i get a little old i might go to a 4 poker but. i guess by then we will be locked up and the key thrown away for riding 2 strokes. <_<

just wondering what you guys think. do you do it for the rush or is it part of your life style? or both? :cheers:

Lifestyle and the Rush!

I have been riding my Banshee since I bought it in 1988. I have worn out several parts, and found many weaknesses in the stock parts. Riding it is still the biggest rush and the most fun that can be legally had.

I don't plan on ever getting rid of it....................

you never know whats gonna happen.i myself have 2 banshees in the garage right now. and an 02 in pieces. 2 kids came along and cut my riding time to zero.i would rather spend my time with the little ones because they are only young once. times change people change.riding friends go away. untidy pot smoker you may put down your hooka and take up ballet, you never know.

i know what your sayn nyuk. but you wouldnt like to ride even if its only a few times a year. i did take gymnastics when i was like 7. i was the best i the whole place as ar as i can remember. i loved the rope swing and the foam pit. im glad my mom signed me up for that. i hardly remember it. :lol: sorry bout that i couple drinks and thinking of my past mom will do that. but..... i guess posers was the wrong name for the topic. ill rename it now. " how much do you really like the atv sport". i definatly wont be taking up ballet any time soon, unless its part of my physical thery ritual. :lol:

I think that a lot of the younger guys are selling there Banshees for cars,not because they want to but because they can't afford both.If I was 16 again and I had the choice between a car and a 4 wheeler,I'd take the car in a heart beat.I understand lossing riding time with kids I have a 12/yo boy and a 6/yo boy.My oldest don't care for wheelers to much (rather skateboard),but my youngest is going to race TT for the first time next year. :clap:

Edited by SICK BOY

Even if I ride once per year I'll never sell. Even if I ride once every two years. I like being able to take the opportunity when it arises. If I don't have a banshee it doesn't matter how often I get the chance to go ride...I would have nothing to ride.

I think about riding every single day. I can admit I'm obsessed with it, but at this point in time, I'm not able to fulfill every whim I have. Now, next summer.....I should be out every weekend or every other weekend.

(I think the wife is gonna buy a new banshee)

ill never stop riding! iv had offers for my shee of 4000 in chash which is just under double what i payed for it 2 years ago and im keeping it. i just bought a yfz450 for racing and all my mates are maoning that im keeping the shee. the shee was my first bike that i owned so its not going anywhere.

riding is my life!!! i live to ride, iv quads werent invented i would be sitting on my ass in fishing competitions all the time. i do like fishing but i can only take so much of it before i get bored.

Even if I ride once per year I'll never sell.

:headbang: thats what im sayin... once per year is the maximum i would go before i would sell mine though. if my freedoms went that far i would prolly call it quiits there though. about the youngsters selling there quads for transportation, i woul say they dont kow what they eally want. :wacko:

I don't ever see myself selling my shee. Lost a few girlfreinds to her..but I don't care. You can't throw the girlfreind in the shed and forget about her then expect to ride the shit out of her a few weeks later then throw her back in the shed again...but then again if i sunk the time and..Getting off topic.I once gave up gettin laid to go riding..That's dedication.

I don't ever see myself selling my shee. Lost a few girlfreinds to her..but I don't care. You can't throw the girlfreind in the shed and forget about her then expect to ride the shit out of her a few weeks later then throw her back in the shed again...but then again if i sunk the time and..Getting off topic.I once gave up gettin laid to go riding..That's dedication.

So that's what I've been doing wrong :wacko: .....

Mike

it sounds weird, but i almost would rather work on my shee than ride it. ridin kicks ass for sure, but knowing that everytime i touch it the HP number will be going up or something will be shinier is a pretty good feeling. as i speak, im doing a rebuild, but am already thinkin of tearin it down for some PC work on the frame.

ive been called a poser before, but thats just because i was lucky enough to have in my opinion one of the best fathers, his father bought him his first bike, so my father bought me mine. some people around me think that if you didnt buy your own bike that you are a poser and arent dedicated, even though one of them got his first bike for his birthday.

but also because i just started riding when i turned 15 so thats another reason they call me a "poser". because i havent been riding since i could walk or since i was 6 like them.

to me a true rider is somebody that washes their bike after every ride, does all the required maintainence, and basically wouldnt sell their quad unless it was a life threatening or some other reason in which the only way to get through it would be to reluctantly sell their quad. it shouldnt matter if u ride it for 1 hour once a year, or if you ride every weekend for the whole day both days, or who bought the quad, or how long you have been riding...

if you own a quad, have fun riding it, and care for it to the best of your ability you are a true rider in my book...

even though i havent had my banshee for even 2 months yet, i wouldnt sell it for anything, i would sell a kidney before i sold my banshee...

I would not sell my quad unless I really had to -- but sometimes financial crap comes up, and what can you do? You can't exactly prolong medical emergencies (including.. having kids..haha) but you can always get another quad.

You respect it, it respects you. You disrespect it, and boy oh boy, you had better hope it disrespects you in the nicest possible manner..