Harley Which one? Loudest pipes?

Like you even contimplated a Harley or Rocket, TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MACHINES, They have almost nothing in common. And if you think a Harley isnt dangerous, you shouldnt be riding buddy...

he never said that harleys werent dangerous, in fact i think he knows that they are. He is asking for the loudest pipes so he is more noticeable on the road. And bright colors to be more visible?? Dont rip on him if you dont read his post.

If you like Sportys I am Glad. Go buy One. But I Don't. Are they fast Yeah.But I was answering his question ?

Quote: I want to ride really far on the highways and the back roads (up to the mountains) and just for fun.

OK what make a Good girls bike 833 is to little for a 210 man Not comfprtable at all underpower for the open road. Had you knees up in the air for 1000 mile ride before?

1200cc is the same size frame same tank and IS a Hard mounted Vibrating noncounter balance Piece. Your ass is so numb after 50 miles only girls like it. That is whay most Harley riders call it a girls bike.

What makes A Great Road bike than Light & fast? No a Stable big heavy Mans Bike Like a 1450cc 88B That's what.

Would i own a 1200 Yeah but would i take it for long rides Only if i had too.1200 are a City bike plan and smiple. But remeber where I live. The open road can be 100 mile before the next tank up. Big is best. don't Cheap yourself on a Comfortable ride.

If you like Sportys I am Glad. Go buy One. But I Don't. Are they fast Yeah.But I  was answering his question ?

Quote: I want to ride really far on the highways and the back roads (up to the mountains) and just for fun. 

OK what make a Good girls bike 833 is to little for a 210 man Not comfprtable at all underpower for the open road. Had you knees up in the air for 1000 mile ride before?

1200cc is the same size frame same tank and IS a Hard mounted Vibrating  noncounter balance Piece. Your ass is so numb after 50 miles only girls like it. That is whay most Harley riders call it a girls bike.

What makes A Great Road bike than Light & fast? No a Stable big heavy Mans Bike Like a 1450cc 88B That's what.

Would i own a 1200  Yeah but would i take it for long rides Only if i had too.1200 are  a City bike plan and smiple. But remeber where I live. The open road can be 100 mile before the next tank up. Big is best. don't Cheap yourself on a Comfortable ride.

i was just wondering what makes them a girl bike. i know the 883 sucks, but i figured that with the new RUBBER mounted engine, the 1200 may be a pretty nice bike. I know they were not meant to ride across the country like the bigger bikes, but i have a feeling he wont be doing much cross country riding. a couple of hundred miles a day maybe? i did forget he was a big guy though, im sure my 150 pound ass would be a lot better on a sportster than him..

Edited by rasta

Like you even contimplated a Harley or Rocket, TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MACHINES, They have almost nothing in common. And if you think a Harley isnt dangerous, you shouldnt be riding buddy...

he never said that harleys werent dangerous, in fact i think he knows that they are. He is asking for the loudest pipes so he is more noticeable on the road. And bright colors to be more visible?? Dont rip on him if you dont read his post.

And if you would have read his other post you would have understood what I was talking about. :shootself:

which one?

My personal experience,

I THOUGHT that I still needed my Yamaha R6 and kept it this spring. I should have sold it. I bought a hold over 2003 1200cc sportster and put 10K miles on it this year. The R6 got 1200 miles.

DON"T BuY A 883. If you hang onto it, you will want the 1200cc for modifing and resale.

HD's are not learnly as refined, but that is what makes them fun, I tinker. Like with the Banshee and my Honda 250R. (I think I have too many toys...)

Next for me, sell the R6 and sporster and start on a full up custom softail, the V twin is kind of an addiction for me now.

Good luck, insurance is 1/2 of what I pay for my R6.

(Don't worry, with a different seat I was able to get 800 miles a day for a 2000 mile trip I took)

And resale is so much better than the hit I am anticipating when I put the R up for sale.

Edited by Westro