Sandfest results?

banshee370

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my weekend wasnt that good. i was busy w/ the truck show all day sat, so i never made it to the dunes. sunday i went up, but after fixing the kick starter and welding the shifter back on it dint even fire. so i pushed it back in the trailer and drove my bronco around. i had a good day in the bronco and ran into a few of the hq guys. wish i could have met more and been up there more, but shit happens. it was great weather all weekend, so that was cool. :D

hope sumone got pics.....

peace out

It was awesome. The dunes were much better than I expected. I was afraid that I was going to be disappointed after riding in Dumont this spring, but I wasn't. I'll definately go back to Silver Lake in the near future. As always, meeting new guys from the HQ was great. There wasn't a big of a turnout of HQ'ers, but those that came were great to ride with. We spent a lot of time working on the quads, like usual. But I always learn a lot from the HQ guys while we are doing this. The DNR is definately strick, and the spark arrestor deal is BS. I'm sure a couple of other people will chime in about the money they spent on those. But overall, it was a great trip. :)

well i brought the yfz450 and the sleeper stroker shee - no major problems

a hose came off in my water pump cover case, so i had to epoxy it back on so it wouldnt spew 5w30 (thanks rod!)

yfz450 was incredibly quick - its bone stock and it was even beating some piped/filtered banshees

I had an awesome time - perfect weather

i forgot my brand new digicam (sony 5 megapixel :( )

Boy I hope SOME people got pics...... :P

So who went? Did Banchetta make it? Boonman? Anyone else?

Fixitrod: So you mean to tell me no one brought spare parts with them? Did you check w/ anyone in the parking lot? There are normally a good group of people around that always have spare stuff.... and you know how I come prepared. :cheers:

Glad to hear ya still had fun! Did ya take the wife/kids? Or go alone?

So anyone wanna give a full run down of the weekend? FULL detail! hehe

I can see how fast dune riding becomes addictive. I can't wait for the next trip.

Banchetta, Fixitrod, MrMatt, Benshee, one of Jasons friends and I were the only ones to camp. Minkia, Blk02 and some of Minkias buddies chose to stay in a local hotel.

No wives or kids made the journey.

The whole Spark arrestor thing is "BS". If you need to buy them and a flag, by the time all the fees are paid it will run around $200 to even set a tire in the sand.

All the quads ran great. Fixitrods was a definate handful with a -2 swinger. Rods stator failure was the only real breakdown of the weekend. Minkias 450 turned out to be a good tow vehicle.

Rodney,

Thanks for cooking. We would have probably starved if you and your wife weren't so prepared. Thank her for me.

I did learn how to make a Banshee silencer work on a 4 stroke with the creative use of some pop cans.

All in all a great time.

Man that really sucks I couldnt make it!!.. Work sucks ! Oh well I guess. I'm definate there will be another one for sure. I was having some problems with the shee anyways. I think its loosing compression. Had troubles with it from the last dune trip in August. Next year I'll have something for you guys! ;)

Me and 5 or 6 other friends made it up there Saturday, we rode most of the day getting there at about 7 and not leaving until 8:45 or so. I didnt find any of the HQ guys or dont think I did but when I would see a pack of Banshee's cruising around I would follow them around for a few before taking off to find my friends again. Banshee ran great all day though, ended up having to buy some paddles at dune land though being I couldnt hook up at all. All in all, it was a great time, non of my friends quads broke and everyone had a great time.

I had a great time, it was nice to meet everyone. The last ride on sunday I fried my clutch but at least it was at the end of the weekend. I will tell you that worked sucked on Monday because all I could think about was all the fun we had. I would like to second the motion on thanking fixitrod on the cooking skills. I can't wait until the next HQ get together.

:headbang: That had to be the best ride I went on in a long time. Everyone was just cool as hell, and I can't wait till the next big ride.

The funniest part of the whole weekend had to be when banchetta rigged the stock banshee silencer to his friend Justin's 250X, because they would'nt let him into the dunes without a forestry service approved spark arrestor. The FUNNY part, was whenever the quad would get a lean pop, it would throw a shower of sparks. lmao.