top end speed

canadabanshee

I just put a 17 front sproket on with a 41 in the rear. It pulls great to fifth. but in 6 it does not go like when i had the stock front sproket on. There is no power band with the 17 sproket in 6 thgear. I dont get it. It goes great up to 6 th gear. It pulls great. when I am in fifth I shift when it sounds good high rpms to. So any clues

I just put a 17 front sproket on with a 41 in the rear. It pulls great to fifth. but in 6 it does not go like when i had the stock front sproket on. There is no power band with the 17 sproket in 6 thgear. I dont get it. It goes great up to 6 th gear. It pulls great. when I am in fifth I shift when it sounds good high rpms to. So any clues

What don't you get? Your motor obviously doesn't have the balls to pull that kind of gearing.

Pin it in 5th until you got nothing left, then shift into sixth. If your powerband isn't kicking in from a wide open fifth to sixth, your bike doesn't have the testicles for that gearing. Quit living in denial and do something about it. Can you spell S T R O K E R? :dance:

It pulls great. when I am in fifth I shift when it sounds good high rpms to. So any clues

hahahahahahahahah, it's called gearing bro. like smoker said, it ain't got the testes down there to do it. either go to a 42 or 44 rear and try again or go back down to a 16 front. How often are you in 6th anyway.

It pulls great. when I am in fifth I shift when it sounds good high rpms to. So any clues

hahahahahahahahah, it's called gearing bro. like smoker said, it ain't got the testes down there to do it. either go to a 42 or 44 rear and try again or go back down to a 16 front. How often are you in 6th anyway.

Exactly what I was thinking Iam at 15 41 for all around riding now.

I am at 15 41 for all around riding now.

I was at 15/41 and the race last weekend was pretty tight and i tried a 15/42 and I notice a wee bit more pull down low and I like this setup a lot. But, I'm forever playing with my setup, so who knows where i'll be next week.

Do we have to draw you a picture?!??! You're motor doesn't have the balls to pull a 17t.... you need at least some port-work. The boost bottle helps out alot too mhihi.gif

Mike

:lol: i bet hes pullin that 17 tooth with his expensive ass screws in there too. your engine aint got nuts huh??

:lol: i bet hes pullin that 17 tooth with his expensive ass screws in there too. your engine aint got nuts huh??

loco i must have read that like nine times before it clicked. thats def the reason he cant run a 17. the studs hook up way better than your screws.

loco i must have read that like nine times before it clicked. thats def the reason he cant run a 17. the studs hook up way better than your screws.

:lol: yeaaaa. for fuckin 60 bucks for 48 of them they should propell his ass like NOS. :jesterlaugh: