Haha, banshee suck in the dunes

chris642

So, i was waiting since July to see the issue od ATV rider magazine in which the "Sanbox shootout" was going to be in. OK, here are the results. Just save them to your computer and zoom in to read the text.

scan.jpg

yes, thats right, the Banshee came in 7th out of 7. Gotta love the new plastics they felt the need to put on :yank: .Then came the predator,Then the DS650 X, Then this...scan0005.jpg

, i thought a dune machine was supposed to be light and nimble, not a bus.. Third came the Yfz, i have no complaint with that. Then, this is what made me laugh.

scan0003.jpg

:yank:

then they say this:

scan0004.jpg

It gets me so mad that all the people testing said the banshee was uncomfortable and hard to ride. I never even knew people put comfort into perspective when buying a sport quad. When your hauling ass it all feels the same! This is how it should have went:

1) banshee

2) yfz

3) raptor

4) 450r

5) predator

6) ds650

7) v force

I know how a raptor feels going up dunes and it just sucks compared to my Banshee, sure its more work but who cares, thats what makes it fun. raptors are so god damn boring, my cousin who owns a raptor wants to sell his now just to beat me(not going to happen). Now when people read this review they are going to believe that they could kill a banshee with their 4-pokes, and whats worse is that its going to scare people away from it because "its so hard to ride" well, sorry for the long post, im gonna go make me a sandwhich.

Edited by chris642

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, thats crazy. Do the editors of these magazines give any

thought to their credability. I mean who are they kidding?

Well, the entry level rider maybe, but other than that, they (dirtwheels

and the others) have become sort of a running joke with respect to

their shootouts and comparisons. Dirtwheels last month had

pics with one of their riders on a banshee in the sand with stock TIRES.

Stock tires somewhat limit the performance capability of a banshee...

especially in SAND :P . I think they must get factory support to

hype the 4-pokes though.

I took my Banshee too the dunes for the first time Saturday since I got it 3 weeks ago. It went great after I bought paddles for it. My friend kept wanting to switch me his Raptor 660 and ride mine around, I didnt mind the Raptor much but I'd much rather be riding around on the Banshee, but yeah that is pretty crappy with the Banshee taking 7th.

Why would they ever put the YFZ450 behind the raptor??? reverse, in case you have an obstacle that you need to back up from in the dunes????

like the paddles will work :shootself: I guess they were doing the rankings by cc's put all the small cc's at the bottem :jesterlaugh:

Edited by Banshee~