So called Assult Weapon ban over!

Ban? What ban you talkin' about nater006? There was never a ban on semi-auto rifles. All the ban was about was some idiotic accessories: flash hider, bayo lug , folding or tele stock, pistol grip if you already had two of the "EVIL" parts of a military style weapon. That is why they came out with the butt-hole stocks for the AKs (MAK 90), that way you could still use a detatchable magazine capable of holding more than 10rds. Pre-ban Shmee-ban, hell all of my "assault weapons" have all the "evil" features that the Democraps scared the hell out of you with. It was the biggest hoax against your second ammendment rights the Demotards have pulled off. Oh hell. I think I hear one of those black helis whipping above the trees outside. Gotta go.....

Led, that is some funny shit you got going there. Where did that smiley thug come from?

CEJ, that duct tape shjt was right on time :cheers:

Edited by The Rebel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe someone can help me out : In an east coast state (cant remember which one)

In all the years they have been making people register their guns , not one has ever been used in a crime ! :shootself: (pre-ban smiley)

They are called CRIMINALS for a reason - they dont obey the law !

"I WAS going to kill someone, but having a gun is illegal ,I could get in trouble for that !"

Give me a freekin break!!!! You can kill somone with a 22 firing one shot .

Some people will always be running around scared until the world is made of "Nerf !"

They need to concentrate on banning really dangerous products like that evil

straw on Capri Sun packets... Damn you straw ! Damn yoooouuu!!!! :angry:

Ban? What ban you talkin' about nater006? There was never a ban on semi-auto rifles. All the ban was about was some idiotic accessories: flash hider, bayo lug , folding or tele stock, pistol grip if you already had two of the "EVIL" parts of a military style weapon. That is why they came out with the butt-hole stocks for the AKs (MAK 90), that way you could still use a detatchable magazine capable of holding more than 10rds. Pre-ban Shmee-ban, hell all of my "assault weapons" have all the "evil" features that the Democraps scared the hell out of you with. It was the biggest hoax against your second ammendment rights the Demotards have pulled off. Oh hell. I think I hear one of those black helis whipping above the trees outside. Gotta go.....

Led, that is some funny shit you got going there. Where did that smiley thug come from?

CEJ, that duct tape shjt was right on time :cheers:

LOL Glad you liked that.

If you want a higher capacity magazine, tape 2 standard post-ban magazines together, except with one upside down. Run out of ammo because the hippies keep coming?? Just pop it out, flip it over....

lol...

Duct tape makes everything better.

The criminals who might not be so motivated don't really need it made easier for them, though.

The expiration of the ban doesn't make it any easier for the criminal to get their hand on a military style weapon. They were always able to buys these things. Pre-ban rifles were aplenty during the ban. So I dont see how its any easier. Like Rebel said, the only difference between the pre-ban and post-ban guns were purely cosmetic. They were mechanically identical. They fired the same ammo at the same rate of fire. As far has high capacity magazines, there were tons of those for sale during the ban as well.

Edited by 2stroker

I've been waiting on this. Hopefully the price of AK drums come down. I need one of those. Plus, I can now bring my sporterized SKS out that has a flash suppressor, high cap, folding stock, etc that I have been hiding. Maybe the price of the AR's will come down. I was about to buy one a couple months ago then I remember the ban was about to run out so I waited.

Mixed emotions here... I'm a gun nut and all, but just worried that more innocent people are going to get caught in the crossfire because some A-hole decides to buy an assault rifle to commit their crime instead of something a lil less.. but, who knows. I'll be buyin one next ;) hehehe

Last week I could go to Wal mart and buy a brand new mini 30 for $550 that is semi auto that shoots 7.62mm X 39and then order 30rnd clips from Cabelas for like $30 a piece.

My MAK-91 (Modified AK-47) couldn't buy brand new because of the ban unless I found one still in the box shoots the same 7.62mm X 39 and 30 rnd brand new clips cost me $9.95 a piece all bought during the ban.

The ban sounded like a great idea to people who don't know anything about it, but the ban was essentially a cosmetic ban. The ban just raised prices on some things like a 25rnd clip for a ruger 10/22 $50 instead of the $25 before the ban.

What really bothers me is watching the news this week and hearing the stupid reports on these guns. When a reporter claims these guns are back on the steets. That's such a lie they are going to be back in stores. They make it sound like they will be delivered by an ice cream truck and the criminals will just run up, stock up, and kill somebody.

And to explain fully automatic weapons have been banned since 1934, unless you get registered with the BATF and live in a state where you are allowed to do so.

I'm hoping I can pick up a reasonably priced AR-15 also.

Does anyone know if the ban was lifted in California?

Sorry dude, you're SOL. The Peoples Republic California has its own version of a ban that is more strict than the one that expired. Californians probably still wont be able to get standard capacity magazines (aka greater than 10 rounds). After far as I know, it's in the books for good. Unless of course you overthrow state government. Do it soon before they take away the rest of your guns and you wont have anything tp overthrow with. Start with Diane Feinstein. The ban that just expired was actually her bill. She urged Congress to make it nationwide.