HID light bulbs

SSTBANSHEE305

True HID's will run you around $600 for the cheapest variety. What you're probably thinking of is super white or blue bulbs that are made to look like HID's. You can pick these up at pretty much any autoparts store for about $20. I'm not sure what kind of bulb the stock banshee light uses but they're 35w.

• 2 weeks later...

The stock lights are 35w. Not sure which H5 Xenon your talking about. The H5/H3/H6/etc. designation is the shape of the bulb base. So if you need a bulb that's an H5, you look for a H5 bulb in the color you want with the correct wattage.

By the way...if any of you actually want true HID but don't wanna spend all the cash, this link might be a good option.

Edited by Wallrat

• 2 weeks later...
Go with Trail-techs new MR16 HID Lights.  Halogen equivalent of 75 watts per lamp while only drawing 24 watts of power!!! They are four times brighter than Halogen lights.  MR16 HID Lights

According to this link, it says you will need a battery system for a Shee??....Has anyone used these lights with the factory electrical system?

thanks B)

• 3 weeks later...

look on ebay. you can find cheap hid lighting systems for around 250 or so with the ballast. you will have to find a rectifier, and capacitor to run em... but it will be well worth it. no halogen light will match the look of the HID's. i did a project like this on my gsxr 750 track bike. i had no battery, starter... but used a stock alternator to power a capacitor, then wired the hid ballast to the cap.

trey

If you are going to run hid you will need an aftermarket stator. Older generation hid lights like what Hella uses are good but you have to find room to mount the ballast, cap or batterypack, reg/rectifier which are pretty big. The company I work for sells the newer generation hid technology which is about 1/3 the size of the older stuff. Hid lights are the way to go but you need to set them up correctly. You are looking at about 200-250watts of light from each bulb and it only pulls 55watts or draw. Here is a pick of a set of our 8" race lights.

Edited by tacoking