Ford Excursion ?'s

broke

The mods will have to wait, this thing will probably become a glorified grocery getter and hauling all 10 lbs of my son with my wife behind the wheel when it's not towing.

That's why they make multi-stage chips.

You get in it, throw it in the 120hp setting and smoke some dudes, then before your wife gets back in it, put it back down in the 40hp setting and she'll have a better passing gear and get better mileage, and you know she won't be racing with your kid in the back in the 40hp mode. ;)

i smell a six gun with a speed loader. :) but i dunno with that big of a son, she might need the step above the 40 horse mode. :rotflmao:

Edited by therail

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go for it. i heard the 6.0's are a better motor than the 7.3's. i have an f-150 right now. it's a 97 with a 4.2 v6 in it and it's has like 10 less hp than the 4.6 v8. my dream truck is a 350 turbo diesel. so one day when i finish school i'm trading my ford in for an even bigger one. unless i change my mind and i want a cummins then i'll go with dodge. . . a true compression start diesel. either way i'd get it if i were u and could afford it.

now it needs some 18's wrapped with some 35" Nittos.

yep....

That probably would look good. I just have no use for big wheels, big tires I'm all for. Anything bigger than stock wheels reminds me of Navigators and Escalades running around the city that probably don't have any idea what a manual locking hub is. I'm a little more of a function over form type, even though we got all the stupid options on this thing. I have to admit the heated seats are kind of nice though, I will appreciate them when it drops below zero. I'm pretty happy with it right now, but I'm sure I will be looking to get some new "toys" for it in the future.

Holy shizzle. I have been using my heated seats for about the last week and a half. I go out, fire up the truck, throw the chip (TS performance 6 stage flip) into high idle, click the heated seat(s), and go back in the house. It's been pretty cold here at night. (35 degrees). And that leather is damn cold. :unsure: At any rate, you got yourself one pimp ass ride. And throw an exhaust on that biotch, and you will be singin' a sweet ass tune. Them 6.0's with an exhaust just SCREAM with turbo whistle with a variable vane turbo. sweet!!! Screw the 18's. Go with a leveling kit, and a set of 35's...... Look pimp ass. I'll have to get a pick of my buddies 7.3 excursion on 40's. It's sickly large. Looks pimp. You will be no-doubt happy. And when you need a little get-go, talk to Sredish!!!! He will hook you up. I FULLY recommend a set of guages. Establish a baseline before you do anything else. And trust me, once you hop into a modded diesel, you will be :dance: just thinking about what your rig can do. My rig can outrun pretty much anything I come up against, with only mild mods. Once I get propane, a tranny, and a turbo, there is no chance..... :headbang: I'm stoked. :drool: That X is sweet!@!!!!! :notworthy:

EDIT:

I had to edit all my typo's, Man, I was a little "toasty" last night......

Edited by boonman

boon's goin balls to the wall on his rig. yeah i too would skip on the 18's, those super duty rims look pretty cool for bein factory gear. gauges are an excellent idea. might slip that on to the wifey christmas is around the corner......... :dance: