footpeg idea!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i met a guy a couple of weeks ago and he had taken two sets of stock foot pegs and welded them together and then had them chromed. looked and felt really nice. cheap to.

i did mine like that, powder coated. i love them.

yamaha-blaster-04-bikepics-204966.jpg

yamaha-blaster-04-bikepics-204967.jpg

uhh, who did that and had those powdercoated?????? ;)

I've emailed the pictures to Dave. Here is what you do, buy some blaster footpegs off ebay for 10bucks, cut the pegs off and use a transfer punch to create a new bracket out of 1/4'' stock. Cut your stock pegs off and weld them to the blaster pegs. Use a piece of 1'' angle to brace underneath, and a 2 1/4'' piece of rectangluar tubing with one end cut off for your extensions. You'll have to put a 1/2'' spacer on the footpeg where your right foot goes. Weld it all together and paint it with some Rustolem and bolt everything up. I've been real pleased with them, and I only spent 15bucks and 1hour of labor vs. 1days pay for the IMS ones.

Marc

OMG, MAN THAT WAS MY IDEA  :angry: . I was gonna have 2 footpegs welded together and have em powedercoated.

lets not go sucking each others dicks just yet......if you could look on the old HQ You'd see 40 guys who have done that mod.....chromed, powder coated.....

Edited by Blue Duece