banshee jumping?

I don't know where you get your info from. Banshee's are horribly out of ballance. All the weight is up front..which makes jumping a bit more of a chore. Yes a banshee will jump rather well, it just takes a better rider to jump it good. 400ex is a much better handling machine in the air. YFZ450, 450ex, LTF400..all of them are better jumpers as their weight is more evenly distributed. Look at anyone jumping a banshee, they are always hanging on the back trying to get the front end up. I know when I'm jumping, my weight is always on the ass end trying to keep the front end up. Now the banshee frame is garbage, stock, banshee won't last 3 months jumping hard. Tear everything up. The suspension simply can't handle it. And don't try to bullshit me ain't nobody here cleaing 50' tabletops on a stock shee. I'm only good for about 30-40 feet myself and that's on a good track. I'm running custom axis shocks with lonestar swing arms and A-arms and axle. I still get roughed up quite a bit. Frames last me about a year or so..Shocks get rebuilt yearly as well. My goal is to get a yfz 450 for MX and keep the shee for playing around. You just can't get enough travel out of a stock geometry shee. But it shure is fun to see the look on some kid's face as you smoke him on the track as he's riding an atv that daddy bought him thinking he's the shit. Best is when you smoke dirtbike riders.
what are you talking about???? i get my info from riding my banshee and they fly great nice and level every time i have never ever had it try to nose dive on me and i have had it up to the point where i was scared of the height..i have hit lips in the dunes in 6th wide open and the banshee flys like it had wings..nice level and comfy..like i said b4 the only bike i had that jumped better was an 86 250r 3 wheeler..and as far as the frame, mine is holding up perfect and i ride the hell out of that bike. but like with all offroad sports its 99% operator 1% vehicle...but what would i know after all i have only been riding for 26 of my 30 years
Edited by crbanshee

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with CRbanshee,I think the shee is a very capable jumper and is very stable in the air.Obviously some people here don't know the proper way to negotiate a landing.Its not just about holding on and preparing for impact.

I agree every banshee could use an aftermarket set of boingers.But don't try to tell us that a stock 400ex will clear 50' tabletops all day long.Stock shocks on the honda are not much better than what yamaha has to offer.

Not to start a pissing match,but just because your trashing frames doesn't mean everyone else will.I spend alot of time at the track just watching alot of riders.Most of them could use a lttle work on there takeoffs and landings,instead they beat themselves up and their machines.

Your best bet is to have someone video tape you.Thats all it took for me to correct my bad habits.

When all you have is a shee,you have no other options but to learn how to ride it.

Stock shocks on the honda are not much better than what yamaha has to offer.

but they are a pinch nicer, showa makes decent shocks....the shee's a better jumper, more acceleration on the launch helps tons, the ex is like dropping a bag of cement off a roof

Edited by Blue Duece

Stock shocks on the honda are not much better than what yamaha has to offer.

but they are a pinch nicer, showa makes decent shocks....the shee's a better jumper, more acceleration on the launch helps tons, the ex is like dropping a bag of cement off a roof

LMAO!!!! :headbang: .... The feeling of hittin the freestyle kicker yesteday with my 'shee is a rush from hell. Kinda like the first time you wake up a strange girls bed... in a town 50miles away.

Mike

Well, I've never ridden in the dunes so I don't know how a banshee handles in that kind of sand. But I do know a tiny bit on how the banshee handles on an mx track and well..it does lack in the suspension department and weight bias big time. Granted I know how my banshee handles on the track and in the air..but their are 2 things I always find myself saying at the end of the day..1 is wishing I could get at least 2 more inches of travel so my frame doesn't keep hitting the ground 2 How can I loose some weight of this pig? A banshee will beat you up on the track and it takes a skilled rider to run her right but man does it wear a mofo out..please god all I need is 2 more inches of travel and then I'll clear those triples without casing it..Has anyone seen the leager banshee chassis or the Lonestar outlaw chassis? See how close together the front frame rails are and did you also notice it's 4.5 degree upward cant? That's what you need to get a nice set of 21in long shocks on there with a rebound damper adjuster..that'll give you upwards of 11-12 inches of travel.