Questions about reeds

Next mod I should do is reeds... however i'm getting confused... http://www.motoworldracing.com/carbon_tech_reedsatv.html

Why are these reeds so cheap (i've heard carbotech's and boyseens are good reeds) whereas vforces are over $200 :S

Will they both offer a large power upgrade... I suspect that v-forces came with their own reed cage and spacer where as the boysens and carbontech's are just the petals.

What kind of gains would I see with each and what does everyone here suggest?

Also they'll richen up my engine a bit correct... where all, from bottom to top?

What reeds are best?

Those reeds are so cheap because that they are just the reeds.

You just replace the old ones on your stock cages. the v-force

come with there own cages. I run em they work good...as far as

how much they richen your engine im not sure but someone should

chime in soon...try hitting up the jetting forum.

i know in drag racing u will hear mixed issues on the reed situation alot of guys run the v-force2's and alot of guys run stock MODIFIED cages now i my self have run both in my bike and im like alot of guys running the stock moded cages i have seen no difference at the track as far as e.t. goes but if u would rather spend the 200 for the v-force2's as appose to the 75bucks it cost for u to pay a engine builder to port your stock ones and put on some carbon fiber reeds is up to you but in my opinion id just get the stock cages done and save a lil money as far as it making the bike rich i dont think it will but going from a all fiberglass reed to a stiffer carbon fiber reed will give u crisper and a lil quicker throttle response hope this helped u out a lil bit man

so bang for the buck... keep the stock cages and change just the reed petals and I will see a nice gain... but not quite as good as with the aftermarket cage/reeds together... but pretty close?

I don't mind spending twice as much as long as the performance difference is twice as much?

People who have done both... how do each affect jetting (i find this a good measure to see how much more air/fuel it's sucking in, therefore how much better it's doing it's job).

Thanks,

Ross

As for jetting I was at 340's and 4th notch and my plugs were good. I put the V's in and its all screwed up. My plugs are black and have build up on them. I recently switched to 330's and now to 320's but haven't checked them at 320. But at 330 they looked like shit. Maybe a needle change is in order?

ive got ported cages with boyesen power reeds. The difference to stock is huge!!! you cant go wrong with that combo :headbang: (i couldnt find TDR reeds here but a lot of people told me that they are way better for ported cages than other aftermarket petals)

...BUT.....no one with v-forces will say something wrong about them... :bolt:

later