Cops took Banshee

ellison445

Im in shock right now! I caught a flat last weekend doing some trail ridding with family..Left the bike on the trailor figured that I would fix it this weekend. I go into my garage and get her out, didnt feel like swaping tires so I figured I would throw some tire slim in for a quick fix. With the tire slim you have to get the tire inflated and moving asap. So I said to myself I would role her down the street in first gear for 2-3minutes to get it circulated. I had a couple of kids in the street with a basketball hoop, so to avoid hurting them I did it on the sidewalk because there was no kids. As Im ridding I hear the sirens and the officer on the loud speaker saying kill the engine. so I kill the engine and prepare to tell the officer what I was doing, before I could do that I was cuffed on the car and read my rights. to make a long story short they was not trying to hear what I had to say, they arrested me, impounded my bike and gave me five summonses for Driving on the sidewalk, no helmet, Unlicesed Operator, reckless endangerment and Unregistered Vehicle. Now I have to go to court for this bull$#!^... If anyone has any advice to what I can do about this situation Please share.

thanks!

I got almost the same thing for riding my rm in a field i got a ticket for not having a liscense to ride a dirtbike can someone please tell me what liscense u need to ride a dirtbike???? idiot cops around here need to re read where there is no liscnese for it and then they argue with me that there is a registration for the RM and you dont need to register a motocross bike so they were wrong again they gave me a ticket for careless driving saying i was going over 100 mph haha again its a RM 125 and wont come close to going 100 and i was in 2nd gear checking my jetting so again they are idiots trying to give me points on a liscense i dont have they ended up taking my bike 80 bucks to get that back it was funny tho they brought this big arse flat bed tow truck lol i went to court told the magistrate i was responsible for riding it he asked if i had gotten in any other trouble before i told him no he says ok go home and we will mail ya something couple days later i get a thing in the mail saying i had to go back to court in august i think they are just going to drop the case because its stupid it was a field no one around or anything i had helmet and all that on going slow one ride down the field, but liek i said i think they are goign to drop it because if they were going to do anything most likely magistrate would have done it right there when i told him i did it but i have to go back because a magistrate doesn't have enough authority to dismiss a case or whatever so hopefully it goes good for me, For you if you dont get a dick of a person to listen to your story and understand what you were doing then it shouldnt be to bad maybe just pay a little fine for riding an orv on the sidewalk or something hope it goes good for you i wouldnt be to worried did u get ur ride back yet??

They claim I cant get it back until I go before the court..The court date is 9/7/04 UrGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

anytime a vechial is impounded here in SC you can't get it out till your court date. You need to call and find out about the storage fees. When my truck got impounded, the fee's started 2 hrs after it was there at $25/day. It sat there for 3 weeks. :wacko:

get a good lawyer like tats said, i got busted for operating on a highway, and non registration cost me 150 bucks, but they didnt take the quad. cops can be dicks, but theres good ones out there to. let us know how it goes

I was warmin the SHee up on the side my yard next to the road one time and i turned around on the road because there is a fence the other way for my field. A cop pulled me over right there god damnit. He could have got me for a whole lotta stuff but all i got was not wearing a helmet ticket. Luckily the cop rode quads too and he just told me hes just looking out for my safety and junk. So i got wicked lucky that night. a lot of cops around here are cool but there are also a lotta dickheads. Around here though its not even the cops that really annoy me its the dickhead DEC officers who think they are gods or something. Also state rangers can be bitches too. I got pulled over by all three at different times, and if it ever happened again id want to get pulled over by a cop.

a friend of mine got pulled over a couple years back on the road on his brand new totally stock warrior, he was just breaking it in right after bringing it home from the dealer. this was on a back road, in a very rural area, and as soon as the cop pulled behind him, he stopped and killed the engine. should have gone away with a warning, but this is what tickets he got:

no helmet

no speedometer

unregistered vehicle

unliscenced driver

careless driving

no turn signals

evading an officer with wreckless endagering (or something like that)

speeding (cop said he was doing over 90 mph)

no brake light (appearantly it was connected wrong)

no headlights(they werent turned on)

tresspassing

and fraud/giving an officer false name

and something about not having a windshield.

the officer didnt ttake the quad, but he had a court date, had over 1300 in fines, plus he did 30 day in jail...

he had to sell the damn thing to pay the fines and all of that. that cop was just being a dick.