NOSS Machine head

Idahospud2004

I put a Noss Machine high performance head in my 2001 banshee and it wont stop leaking around the 4 center bolts. I called Noss and they sent me a set of brass washers and acorn nut but it still leaked. I called Noss again and had them send me a new O-ring set. I completely cleaned and inspected everything and even put RTV silicone on the bolt heads but cant get it to work. I finally had the stock head shaved and put it back on. I am going to sell the NOSS hesd on E-bay and try to recoup some of the money. I love how this product looked and ran but it was just too much of a headache! Even the people at NOSS didnt know what to think. I do appreciate all the help they gave me though.

Don't sell the head and take a loss. There has to be a solution or I'll refund your money. Are the four center studs longer than the rest so the nuts bottom out before they get tight? Call me tomorrow.

-David

Must say I love my noss head works great and no overheating problems, the guy I bought the shee from put it on so not sure what the installs like but I hear its the most troublefree install for a cool head.. If theres one things that people are always saying looks sweet its the noss head, great investment dont sell yours man get a working one and put it on ad youll be compltly happy..

That's the 1st negative thing I've ever heard about NOSS heads. I don't believe it. :unsure: Something's fishy...

Don't sell the head and take a loss. There has to be a solution or I'll refund your money. Are the four center studs longer than the rest so the nuts bottom out before they get tight? Call me tomorrow.

-David

That's great to see David, a man who stands behind his work. Even more reason for to go with NOSS heads! :cheers:

So did you call him, what's going on? :rolleyes:

Edited by ledofthezep

i can only remember one compaint of a noss head that was leaking

it was justintoxicated i think

but it was just a part that has been machine off a little bit that was making things act up

dave replaced it for him and made it all good

he evan gave him a few free goodies for the trouble

overall it seams like dave runs a damn good company and stands behind his stuff

I've had no probs with my PD, but I wish I would've bought the NOSS, partly for his support here, and from what I've learned about his company, seems to be a straight-forward and helpful company that stands behind their product, oh and also becuase of the cool colors, I'd like a YZ Blue. Dave, you take trade-ins??

Hey Dave, what would a noss head run with 22cc domes?? I just want the chrome finished one, not an anodized color. Also, is 22cc the one to go with or should I drop it to run on pump gas still? Let me know on the price. Thanks.

With the BHQ discount, it is $234 + shipping. 21cc domes are usually okay with premium pump gas. It depends on your other mods and your elevation.

-David

Well I want to get one, so let me know where to go to purchase it. The only mods I have are toomey t6 pipes with their jets. The only other mods I plan to do are v force reeds, and advance timing maybe. My elevation is 50 feet above sea level.

So set me up with what I need. Also what domes should I get for St. anthony Idaho. It is over 5000 feet.

Thanks.

You could use 21cc domes at either elevation or you could run 21cc domes at the 50' elevation and 19cc at St. Anthony, both on 93 octane, if you don't mind switching them. If you run the 19cc at 50' elevation, you will certainly need race gas. (if you advance the timing, be careful with pump gas at 50' and 21cc)

sounds good. Where do I order it at, and how do I get the discount? Also do you have intstructions on how to install it?

I think my dad has a compression test. How do you test compression usually? Take the spark plug out or what? I am a little new when it comes to modifying the engine.

I appreciate the help.

You can call me or order online paying the discounted price + $7 shipping (UPS Ground) at www.nossmachine.com/payments.htm

Instructions come with it.

To check compression:

Warm up engine

Remove both plugs

Check each cylinder with throttle wide open

Kick until guage stops going up

Thanks,

David

I had a problem with my Noss head leaking a little bit when I first installed it. It was leakeding from the 90 elbow that drop off the back of the head. The only type of sealant that was on there was some redish grease in between the elbow and the back of the head where they met together. After riding it a few times it stoped leaking. My bike was over heating majorly so I thought if I replaced the head it would run cooler. I came to find out that my over heating was caused by a frozen waterpump bearing that destroyed the plastice waterpump gear. I think this head acutally saved my bike from blowing up. I rode a full weekend in Glamis with the waterpump not working and having the it boilover after every ride. I had to keep refilling the over flow to keep coolant in the bike, but I think if I didn't have that head I would have toasted the engine. It still runs fine so I don't think I did any major damage, at least I hope. I have since upgraded to a prodesign water impeller so it runs exceptionally cool now.