New truck

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, another one sees the light.

Ford is the only way to go with a crew cab.

The new 6.0L runs awesome

Now, if you want leafs on the front end, you better get one quick.

The 05's are going to coils in the front and I would not want to own a first year design change like that.

Look how many problems they had with the first year 6.0L. :whoa::shootself:

BTW, can you tell I love my truck!!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent choice booner, I just picked up an 02 Quad cab powerstroke, only has 65k miles, got it for 25g's. Don't listen to the dodge guys, those trucks are crap, the cummins rocks but the truck itself sucks my balls...o wait you have one, you probably know lol....I've always been a chevy man but I love this ford to death...damn now I want to go drive :D

Well, the time has come. I blew a transmission line on the way home from work yesterday on the S-10. left me stranded, I got all pissed off, and Now I am selling all three of my vehicles. My Dodge, both S-10 blazers and I am getting a diesel pickup. I am making the jump to a Ford. I like their crew cab better than a Dodge. I also can't quite afford brand new, so it will have to be used. And in my price range, I can only afford an extended cab if I stayed Dodge. (Can't go '03 or newer) I wish I could have a Cummins with a Ford cab. But, oh well. Navistar makes a helluva motor. I am sure I will be happy. Also, this is going to happen next week. So, if anyone has any smokin deals in their area on a Crew cab long bed Ford stroker, lemme know. I will fly out and get it. It has to be worth it though. :shootself:

Save up your pocket lint and get the Dodge. I love my '01. I recently installed the 65 hp chip along with the 4" exhaust and pilar mount gauges, and now she absolutely kicks ass. There's nothing better than coming up along the side of some punk with there radio pounding and just mashing down on the gas, and watching as there cab fills with diesel exhaust and there radio is just drowned out by the bellowing exhaust. :evil: I think I need to go for a drive..LOL

later

I can't go new. So i don't have to worry about the '05 design change. And it's gonna be a 7.3. i can maybe get into a 6.0, but it would be an '03, and i don't want a first year 6.0. I may still go Dodge, because I simply love Dodges. And the Cummins engine. Several of my buddies have juiced up strokers, and the only people I know with dodge diesels, are running pretty sluggish. I don't know though. it's all a tossup. I'm going to look today. if I get a Dodge, it wll be an ext. cab. Unless I can find a wicked deal on an '03 Dodge crewie. But, the Dodge crew is still a joke. Ford cab is big. I like big.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. dont go to the dark side. save up the extra money and get the dodge!!! i drive a cummins, and a few days ago for fun i drove a stroker 6 speed. i hatedthat thing. the tranny felt wierd and it didnt feel like it had that get up and go my cummins has. my next truck is gonna be a HO 6 speed cummins, new body style. i hate to see yet another dodge man start drivin a ford. :(

All right, another one sees the light.

I have a 550 with the powerstroke and like it. Be prepared though, there's a whole new world of mods and stuff for the powerstroke. I just got a 2000 F150 to tear around town in, too. (My good friend is a ford parts guy, so I'd be dumb to get anything else)

The 7.3 is tried and true, the 6.0 is fast and new.

check out this website- http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads...hreads.php?Cat=

Too bad you dont live by me, Im a dealer, (could take you to the auction)

Let me know if you need ANY parts OEM or aftermarket.

BOON, THERES A FEW SWEET DEALS ON BOTH THE DODGES AND THE FORD TRUCKS AROUND HERE, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SPEND I CAN FIND YOU ONE, JUST BEWARE, I WONT BREAK A NECK TO LOOK AT THE DODGES :rolleyes: JUST GET THE FORD AND BE DONE WITH IT. ILL POST SOME PICS OF MINE TONIGHT. LATER

boon, we have loads of trucks around here. I'm in horse-capital of the world, literally. Nothing but Fords and Dodges of all kinds, almost all with diesels. Friggin HD trucks outnumber everything else 4 to 1. Great place to buy a used truck.

Hey, I got it. Fly down, we'll swap the R&P in my axles, find you a truck, and you drive home when your done. Whaddyathink?

Seriously, I'll look around some and see if I find anything.

Scott

I was pissed when my dad sold his 00 Ford F350 4x4 powerstroke and got a dodge because I have always been for ford trucks. But WOW. He got a 01 Dually Ext. Cab 4x4 with the turbo cummins and it is awesome. That thing can pull more than the ford could and it has a shitload more of low end torque. I would get a dodge mainly because of the power and I know his ford was constantly in the shop with engine problems. I also hear that Chevy has a pretty bad ass diesel but haven't seen one yet to compare.