Need Input For New Rear Tires

superchicken

have turf tamers now,always found them to be decent on other quads ive had ,but just sucks on my shee.absolutely no hook up,and there tread is like 98%there spinning so much there starting to shark fin on the leading edge of the lugs.any in put would help.i want to stay with a 20inch tire ,i like my gearing.i ride in mostly ride in loose to hard packed dirt,some mud and trails

Edited by superchicken

i ride in mostly ride in loose to hard packed dirt,some mud and trails
Me too...

I've just recently fitted a set of 22inch 6ply Kenda Klaws, prior to that I had Razr's and prior to that Shredders.

So far I'm really impressed with the Klaws, they hook up well, but sliding is still easily controlled. Haven't had a chance to test the Holeshots, they are difficult to get around these parts. Of the three tyres above, I'd choose the Kenda Klaws.

i ride about the same terrain, and i love my pure sports bandits. they suck in wet grass in the yard, but work awsome anywhere else. hardpack, mud, trails, coal, whatever. they've never let me down and lost traction while hill climbing either. :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Before you get rid of those turf tamers you should consider grooving them.shave off evry other row of nobbs or checker them or V groove em somthin. I love my turf tamers on every thing but mud. I've never had a problem hooking up even in snow. But save yourself some money and try it you will probly like the results. :cheers:

i have a set of 18 inch Tamers and i thought they hooked up great.Haven't even tried them since i grooved them.But i would say that if you are going to get a new set,go with Klaws.Thats what i have now and won't change unless they come out with something better.

• 3 weeks later...