Proquad101

Dude for 4 months mine ran like shit too! I dumped the 2-into 1 air set up and put on individual k&n's, lightened the flywheel, went from 175 mains to 178's with 48 pilots and now it is like a totally different bike! For the first time in 4 months since i got it back from Jim i'm finally happy, it pulls like a mf'r.....dont give up.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

two things are neccesary to make a good engine fast. one is good jetting and the other is a rider that knows now to use the power. you cant just get a engine and expect to be the baddest guy on a quad ever. I got mine done the same time got1 got his done. Im drasically under flowed with stock intakes and 28mm carbs and mine is a beast compared to my ported 350. But it did take allittle tuning to get it going. I was way rich on the pilots and it was real boggy unless i had it pinned. I went down a few sizes on the pilots and i could not believe the low end power i had.

I just have one question for all you guys saying you are having problems with your passion motor, Who did your fine tunning? Even if you got a turn-key deal from Jim, you still have to fine tune your jetting. Ok lesson #1 for all first time 2-stroke owners........if your jetting is to fat your bike will bog and have a hard time getting on the pipe and run like a pig, and if your jetting is to lean it will go boom, one jet size either way will make or break a motor. So do you see how important it is. If you say that you and your buddy put some 300 main jets in it and it ran like shit, well thats a no brainer. :wacko: If your bike is a few years old it can have so many little factors in it not running just right like when was the last time you changed your spark plug caps. I know alot of people don't think about little things like that but you have to keep everything in good condition. I change my spark plug caps about every 6 months. I take my carbs apart after every race and I re-ring my motor about every 6 races. I know everybody is not mechanic and can do all this stuff yourself but if you can't you need to find somebody who can, you will be happy in the long run. It took me a few runs to get my passion motor runing right now it pulls so hard I can't even hold on to it, the bike pulls the front wheels off the ground in 5th gear.

two things are neccesary to make a good engine fast. one is good jetting and the other is a rider that knows now to use the power.

:evil:

If your bike is a few years old it can have so many little factors in it not running just right

:evil: X2

It took me a few runs to get my passion motor runing right now it pulls so hard I can't even hold on to it, the bike pulls the front wheels off the ground in 5th gear.

:evil: X2 with and evil muhahaha

Don't give up banghead

Was it a turn-key deal like Duece's or did Jim port it and you assembled everything?  I'm not trying to imply anything just curious.

Yeah it was a turn key deal just like Dueces. Everything is the exact same other than I am running rocket pipes and 20cc domes

Oh and I am not trying to say Jims engine is junk either. I am saying that I am to stupid to fine tune it and there is no one close to me that can do it. All I have are dealer ships and I wont take it to a dealer. I just need to find someone that lives a resonable driving distens from me that can toon it in for me. Please help !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by got1banshee

Dude, that is f*ck all of a drive, you should just load up your quad and drive down there and see jim, I am sure he would be more than happy to help you out,

He has gone out of his way to help me out and my problem was really out of his control.

You have spent so much time stuffing around with your bike what is one days worth of driving, hell you might even learn something about jetting :rolleyes:

Like everyone else says,jetting is a big part of getting it to run right.Mine was off one clip on the needle and it was running crappy,as soon as i moved that clip one notch,i about shit my pants when the power kicked in,it was like a new engine.It does get nerveracking to have to go through 10 different sizes of jets to get it to run right,but it will be worth it.I know we have different carbs,but when i put my Rockets on,i went to the top notch on the needle,and thats when it really came to life.