Atv Rider Mag

And I quote.... I am probably not sending this to the right person,so whomever reads this :Thank you, I needed to get this off my chest. The new generation of sport atvs are a welcome addition to our sport. From the z400 to the YFZ450,I am as happy as the next person to see them here. They are improving our sport by giving new options and opportunities to new riders. So why am I writing?

From 1987 through a good portion of the 1990s,the Yamaha Banshee stood alone as a sport atv. Your magazine said it was forced to be everything to everyone-MX,desert-racing and woods-competition machine. And the Shee did so as best as it could. But I have noticed a trend,not only in your magazine but in all magazines,and thats you dont see the Banshee anymore!No articles,no mods,no shootouts--nothing.

I realize the banshee is past its prime,and I understand with the new breeds it has been pushed to the sand dunes--so be it. But is that the way to end a legacy--by dismissing a decorated soldier of our sport? No,the banshee should not go this way. She should the oppertunity to retire with her head held high,racing up a dune,screaming,as she puts every bit of her energy to the ground to move her rider as quickly as possible to the top!

This is my request to you: Haul all of your modified 4 strokes out to the sand dunes and introduce them to the banshee. Give her a set of pipes and some haulers and a chance to be in one last shootout,a dune shootout.Let her leave the limelight with one last show.

I understand the Shee might not win--she probably wont--but that is not the point. Give her and her loyal followers an opertunity to go out with pride.To race across the dunes,to blast out of a deep hole,to race through a whooped out trail with high berms to snake through,to wheelie down the flats in fourth gear! let her line up with her youthful replacements from a dead stop at the very bottom of a hill and claw to the top as fast as she can while trying to beat them.Give her,give US, an opertunity to say good bye with our heads held high.

This quad should not be quietly forgotten;It should be heard across the dunes saying goodbye the only way she knows how: SCREAMING!! Signed Randy J Voight

www.ATVRiderOnline.com

Edited by BansheeJerry

Here's to You Randy... :cheers:

Couldn't put it into words better myself! :headbang:

Shee will still be heard just not from the factory.....

Edited by banshee76179

they may be out of the new market, but not out of the sport quad picture. :headbang: the shee will not be forgotten, and i believe it will be a long time until everything is no longer compared to the banshee for speed, and the rush of the ride. :cheers:

Nice.

Here is a pic from my 1st trip to Glamis in 1990, racing a fellow Banshee rider up Olds........ sorry about the quality it is an old scanned pic

draggin.jpg

Banshee's still rule the dunes!

:cry: I actually have a tear in my eye. Its like they are talking about my first born son... There are so many banshees out there that they will never be forgotten, 20 years from now there will still be banshees in front of every one else at the top of a sand hill in the dunes.

As i see it now all be on my shee smokin all my freinds slow hundred exs and showin people what a true sport quad is about.. We canT have the 2 stroke demon forgotton or well all forget what a powerband that tears you from your seat is all about.. I no i will always be on my banshee it will live on like the 250r no doubt

HERES TO THE BASNHEE :cheers: HOLD YOUR GLASS UP HIGHT AND WELL DRINK ON AND ON...

Edited by Bansheeman1121

hhhhmmmmmmm, some what touching :cry: if i have my way there will be a banshee in my possession for a long time to come and one thing is for sure is that it will always have a place in my heart and it will never be forgotten in my mind :headbang: . these so called self proclaimed world beater four chokes have a long way to go in order to beat a top notch banshee in a drag race. the banshee was designed to haul a$$ in open terrain not to piddle around on a mx track. when in a drag race the further the distance the further a top notch banshee pulls away, i've seen this happen on several occasions. LONG LIVE THE BANSHEE :cheers:

the banshee may be past its prime wiht these new sport quads, but it'll always be my baby and quad of choice, it reponds to mods better then any other quad, and it will always be king of the dunes and the strip!