Work?

PyRo_ZaCh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont tempt me. . . . went for the telemarking interview thing tonight, appearently since i would have to go to scout meetings at least every other week to finish up the eagle thing i dont have the dedication for the job, put some fast food aps in and goin back to checkin the paper this weekend, also as my shop teacher mentioned, since i know the basic stuff i might call up some local plumbers (i'm in the plumbing hvac shop) and see if they would need any type of summer help, i figue i'll get somthing in the next month since i've aboned any goals at this point as long as i'm makin enough money to keep my self satified ( maby a grand or 2 over summer at best)

• 4 weeks later...

Yo whats up I had the same problem, Ill tell you straight up you gotta no someone to get a job, plain and simple.. Im 16 and tried everywhere to get a job, example my frrind new a guy who recently bought a atv/motercycle dealership and he got a sweet job of washing and workin with quads all day, AND HE GETS PAID FOR IT.. Me I go there the next day posititions filled, dam would of loved to drive aroudn quads all day.. Ok so I figuire ill resort to a cashier since the only way i was getting my shee was if I got a job, so we no the guy in the store (real big chain sure you have some buy you) and i get called next day for the interview, bam SOMEHOW I GET THE JOB but kind of sucks bein a cashier WOULD YOU LIKE PAPER OR PLASTIC???? .. BASTERDS I WANNA WASH QUADS NOT BAG VEGTABLES :flush:

Edited by Bansheeman1121

well i finaly got one, because no one wants this one, why, cuz it sucks,

do nothing

do some more nothing

BAM wave of 250 people's dishes and silver ware come in to be washed

and i dont have a work sechdule, its catering so when they need me they call

i'm going to stick with it for the summer tho or untill i can find something better, since its not always goin to be as hard as 250 ppl, so for now i'm going to keep looking for a better one but stop bitching about it,

cuz it sucks,

do nothing

do some more nothing

BAM wave of 250 people's dishes and silver ware come in to be washed

LMAO...And the rest of what you said, good attitude...I predict good

things for you in life if you hang on to that. I know my shitty attitude

has sure held me back :D .

• 3 weeks later...

On my job I was able to get my foot in the door..... work the hours they wanted me to do, and before long they were offering me to go to welding school and I did. I did it for myself and my family I have now. :headbang: Your first job may not be the one you want for life, but its a step in the right direction and can lead to better jobs later on. Its not butt kissing......Its making a living.

Hey Pyro..I washed dishes too for a first job and bust tables. Just do a great job and they will be a good reference for you in the future when other places want to know how you work and follow instructions. Stay with it no matter how frustrating it gets at times. Good Job!! :clap:

well the pay is ok (for a starting job at least) and i dont mind what i do but they called yesterday and 2morrow will be the first time i've worked in the last 2 weeks then monday and then i might not get called in for another week, yea time off is great but i'm not makin any money this way unless get like a 10 or 12 hour shift each day. so as of now i'm sort of lookin for a 2nd job :flush:

Your doing right..Keep working and keep your eyes open for better jobs. I've been through that part of it and it felt like I was gonna go crazy but it all worked out so far to better things. My present job is welding for a place called Tracker Marine. Its a Boat assembly plant. It has its up and downs from day to day but it pays good for the area I live in..atleast better than most little welding shops around here. So far welding is me and nothing has beat it yet. I'll stick with it till I see something that is more secure. We usually get laid off in the summer for around 2 weeks for inventory control and maintance. I use that for alittle time away. Sometimes its going on short trip and sometimes its watching my kids and cleaning House (LOL). Its all good.. even when raising them to mind.

LMSAO....I got to thinking back at most of my jobs I had growing up and remember doing dishes and busting tables, clipping fence rows with hand clippers while on my knees while the person I worked for rode his tractor around, Cutting chickens for Master Wangs chinese place two days a week for $98.00 dollars in front of Hot girls that worked there. At all those momments I thought that I was getting shafted and I would never get a job where I could somewhat feel better about myself. As I think back right now I realize that I learned patience, ....something I didnt have too much of when I started working for the first time. I felt that all I was good for was chicken cutting and washing dishes and waiting on others. I always keep my eye open for advancements now. I have patience that I gained through all those jobs and my patience today supports my Family to the best I can do. Sometimes my patience is tested, but I know that when it comes down to what really matters I know that my attitude is right on track and I'll accomplish that job before me no matter how hard or how tough it gets. The awards may not come in riches, but you may see it in the faces of people you help on your job or the boss that hires you or that your family is alive today cause of your dedication. In todays world people think that if you do what your told on a job its butt kissing. They are wrong!! Its making a living and watching your kids grow up healty and safe from a starving world. You will go far and yes some people get better paying jobs than others and make tons of cash, but it doesnt mean they are better than you, they just got a lucky shot. You sometimes have to over look that situations like that to keep your thoughts straight. I dont live with a bank account all the time, and there are times it gets tough to hold on, but I look back at all I been through and patience and Faith gets me through. My Banshee in my avatar is from long hours of patience and all I gained since I was 13,....I'm 37 now. Your gonna do ok and even though it gets degrading at time hang in there...Your gaining alot more than you know. :headbang: