No Throttle Responce Need Help!

mskarl

Ok got a 97 with new topend.. KNN filter stock carb and new pipes...

Bike will start on 1st kick and run ok at idle. As soon as you get past 1/8th throttle it boggs like its getting too much gas. had 310 jets in it and went to stock 200's and still very little almost no change. The sound it makes is like when you kick a bike over with the throttle wide open. After that raised the needle to the top and ran a little better at idle but no change after that. Pulled both carbs and cleaned many times and checked parts to the book. Tried adjusting the air screw while running and very very little difference. Noticed that the drain started leaking on the bowl fiddled with the drain screw seamed to help, maybe some gunk?

Checked float level's and are spec at 21ish mm. I did a visual on the float and the valve seams to seat ok and there doesn't seam to be holes in it....

Going to the sand this weekend for my bachelor party and really want this thing to run. :cry:

History on the bike...

The bike was bought in parts because it had a spun crank.. Got a good deal $2500 with a new crank and put it together now. Seams to have wonderful compression. All new gaskets, new piston's and bore, Head milled, KNN filter and new pipes with the adjustment on them (sorry can't remember the name/brand), Umm I'll check this post often so please REPLY!!!

bangheadbanghead

check the parking brake, also make sure the chock tube (rubber line between carbs) is hooked up thats what it sounds like to me, and put the 310's back in or your going to blow it up your post said u went to 200's? thats crazy.

Iput mine togather a few weeks ago and thats about how mine did,only i had 36mm I had to go from a 280 main to a 360.So if you are getting few to the bowls go bigger on your main not smaller.

:angry: So all last night we tried everything. Adjusted the floats from 16mm to 24mm and very little difference. Tried swapping cleads to the spark plugs, no difference, had a spare CDI and tried it, no difference. Also tried a 240 jet and no difference. Tried many new plugs B8ES and BR8ES, put the floats in water and made sure no leaks. Sync'd the carbs through the sight glass very little difference. Pulled the case of the flywheel side and did a visual and didn't see anything saying hey stupid this is the problem. I'm really lost in the dark. banghead

Thanks for the reply's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK well I feel stupid. They guy that said check the parking break was right. The switch was still plugged in and that was the trouble. Running fine now. Tanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :bolt:

now I can stop :yank: and have fun. :cheers:

yup, you should ditch that shitty cluth and get a parking brake blockoff