Need New Front Wheel Bearings... :(

Hey all,

My frotn wheel bearings are dead on one side. Are there any replacements i can get cheap from an Autoparts store ? Or do i have to get raped from The stealership?

If you have part numbers or anything...drop a line....

Nick

Thanks guys,

I havea complete front set of bearings and seals ordered now...hope they get here by mid week...

Is this a hard job to do ?

Nick

I always used a brass drift, and tapped them out from the other side of the hub. Worked fine for as long as i can remember. BUT, I was at the local "tool sale", you know, the Cummins brand shit. Son't know if y'all have that in your area, but I picked a 12 ton press for $99. I have used it more than a few times, and it is awesome!!!! The best hundo I spent in a long time!!!!!! Sometimes, you can find stuff that is alright there. I grabbed a bunch of scrap from work to use as "tooling" for it, and I have been happier than a pig in the slop...... Or happier than a Honda rider on a shee for the first time.... :o:dance: Either way, tapping them out works fine, but if you have access to a press, that is good too.......

I always used a brass drift, and tapped them out from the other side of the hub.  Worked fine for as long as i can remember.  BUT, I was at the local "tool sale",  you know, the Cummins brand shit.  Son't know if y'all have that in your area, but I picked a 12 ton press for $99.  I have used it more than a few times, and it is awesome!!!!  The best hundo I spent in a long time!!!!!!  Sometimes, you can find stuff that is alright there.  I grabbed a bunch of scrap from work to use as "tooling" for it, and I have been happier than a pig in the slop......  Or happier than a Honda rider on a shee for the first time....  :o  :dance:    Either way, tapping them out works fine, but if you have access to a press, that is good too.......

you and your fancy tools... :lol:

nah, a press is the shit when it comes to bearings and seals. don't have one, and doubt i'll get one, but smoke 'em if ya got 'em.