Help With Jetting !

cOoLDeviL

hi all and i want to know a bout this condetion when i ride my banshee in 6th and full throtle it runs fine but when i back it up a littel to 3/4 and push it back to full throtle it bog like cut off and come back to speed so is this cost of rich mains or lean ?

my setup is fmf sst pipe with trinity CV. system with 48 pilote and 185 mains didnt check the needle. no porting in the engine boyseen power reeds with ported reed cages milled head .

I'm not sure if I fully understood you, but it sounds almost like the clutch is slipping....It revs up fine when shifting into 6th, but if you let off and get back on it, it doesn't rev up right away....Is that what your saying, if so , then the clutch is junk....If not, then try different needle positions..If its fine at wot, then bogs out at 3/4, then the needles are lean. Raise them up and notch. If that helps, then try another notch. Find the sweet spot...Thats jetting, trial and error...

you get me wrong Banchetta  the broblem that i have is not in the needle posetion its after the 3/4 throtle i think its in the mains  because after the 3/4 i dont feel that thear is any difrance in the throtle it doesn't rev faster .

What do your plugs say at WOT, and what mains are you using? That could also be from a lean condition, being that the main doesn't give it enough fuel at WOT for the extra uuumph. Just a thought.

I agree, if your not pulling any harder at wot from 3/4 throttle then your either lean or too rich on the mains...Run it wot in 6th gear, shut it down, coast to a stop, pull the plugs...what color is the strap?? Or post a pic...

sredish right now i have 185 in it and im at sea level and temp is 75~95 f and the pilot is 48 and its big i have to drop it 2 or 1 size less to 42 or 45 i will try the pilot today and see what is the best for it . the problem in my pilot is that it will start easy when its cold but when its wormed up it doesn't start easy and some bogs in low speed and cann't adjust the air mix ( no effect )

sredish  right now i have 185 in it and im at sea level  and temp is 75~95 f and the pilot is 48 and its big i have to drop it 2 or 1 size less to 42 or 45 i will try the pilot today and see what is the best for it .  the problem in my pilot is that it will start easy when its cold but when its wormed up it doesn't start easy and some bogs in low speed and cann't adjust the air mix ( no effect )

makes sense, and worth a try. One thing though, your pilot isn't going to affect anything above 1/4 to 3/8 throttle, so that's not an answer for your above question.

sredish

i know i have 2 problem 1 in the pilot and the other in the main bot 1st i will fine tune the pilot and try it out and then the main problem but i want to know to test the main jet if it is big or small can i use the chock for testing it the what we do on the stock carbs.

to test the main jet if it is big or small can i use the chock for testing it the what we do on the stock carbs.

honestly, i don't have a clue what your talking about, or do you mean "chop" to test the main jet?

Basically, a full "wide-open-throttle run in 6th gear for 10 seconds or so, kill it and check the plugs test" will be the best way to check the main, period.

Good luck.

so far the best i found is a 40 pilot and 165 main

Think that would be about the same with the 35mm? I started with 175 main and have went up 2 sizes everytime. I've gotten all the way up to 190 and it flattens out on top. No backfiring, just doesn't pull any harder at full throttle. I threw the 175 back in it yesterday and I think it was actually better, so looks like I've been going the wrong way.

I'm not sure at all which way to go with the pilot. It has a 48 in it now. It won't start cold without choke and it hesitates a little right off idle. I'm thinking it's too rich and I need to go down a couple sizes, but you would think it would crank without choke if it's rich.

so far the best i found is a 40 pilot and 165 main

Think that would be about the same with the 35mm? I started with 175 main and have went up 2 sizes everytime. I've gotten all the way up to 190 and it flattens out on top. No backfiring, just doesn't pull any harder at full throttle. I threw the 175 back in it yesterday and I think it was actually better, so looks like I've been going the wrong way.

I'm not sure at all which way to go with the pilot. It has a 48 in it now. It won't start cold without choke and it hesitates a little right off idle. I'm thinking it's too rich and I need to go down a couple sizes, but you would think it would crank without choke if it's rich.

you guys are checking your plugs along with the main changes correct?? if it's a tad on the lean side, it can trick you and it'll feel like it's running even better, so be sure to read the plugs.

Krmit, you could've gotten to 190 and when it flattened out, it may have just wanted a little more fuel for that extra uumph. i've know several runing a 200 or 205. I myself am running a 220. Just check the plug to be sure.

Edited by sredish