Help With Jetting !

cOoLDeviL

you guys are checking your plugs along with the main changes correct??  if it's a tad on the lean side, it can trick you and it'll feel like it's running even better, so be sure to read the plugs.

Krmit, you could've gotten to 190 and when it flattened out, it may have just wanted a little more fuel for that extra uumph.  i've know several runing a 200 or 205.  I myself am running a 220.  Just check the plug to be sure.

I've heard so many different people's views on what to look at that I just plain don't know the right way to read it. A local guy told me to look at the bottom of the porcelain with a magnifying glass. I guess that's the best way, but damn... I don't have all this money to keep sinking into plugs. Whenever looking at the plugs with either the 175 main or 190, they look identical in my eyes. And that's 6 sizes difference!

Post a pic, I'll let you know which way to go. Make sure you run it wide open in 6th gear, coast to a stop after you kill the motor, pull the plugs, take a pic.....

Absolutely, post a pic, if you don't know how email me a pic or something and we'll get it up and get some opinions on it. I'd really hate to see you have problems over something really simple. You want the strap over the center to be black and the ring around the end and the tip of the porcelain (the end of the plug) to be a chocolate.

It is true that a lot of people read them differently and I'm sure many are different than how I read mine, but the way I read a plug requires no extra tools or crap. I just pull the plug and look at the strap and end of the plug and I know where I need to go.

Edited by sredish