Fmf Fatty/sst Jetting?

I have a similar set up and at 270 I was lean on the top end. You might try a larger main jet and one larger on the pilot so you dont eat a motor. Do a top end run on some new plugs by running full throttle for jst a few minutes and shut it off immediately and check to see how your plugs look and if they are super dry as well. Good luck. :rolleyes:

well, i have a freind with sst and i got the fatty pipes....i have it jetted and 280 and stock pilots, he has 340 and 27.5 pilots, we both have k&n and lid off.....why are they so different?.....and should i try the 340 and 27.5 pilots and will i get more power?

Most importantlyl, banshees all run different, and sometimes quite a bit.

On my banshee, with the below mods (including Fatties) and stock carbs, I was at 310 main, 27.5 pilot and 4th clip, where most others are around 290 or 280 with stock pilots.

Now with my single carb, I run a 220 main, 52 pilot and 5th clip on the needle. Most with this setup run a 185 main 48 or 45 pilot, and 3rd or 4th clip.

I don't know why, don't have any internal motor work done, but my banshee likes it a lot richer than most others. It also seems to run harder, I'd imagine due to the extra fuel I can give it. They are all different, that's why when we give jetting advice, it's all an average guess and everything is a little different.

What you should do is run it and check your plugs. Your plugs will tell you if you can go richer. If you put in a 310 and its black and oily and wet after a WOT run, then chances are your not gonna make it to 340 and will probably be better with a 290. Just run it, check your plugs and try it. If you try it and it fouls a plug, then you know you need to back it off. Jetting is 100% trial and error. You have to try it to know if it will work, if it doesn't then you know what will work. If you can get bigger mains on there, then you will have a little more power. With every mod like pipes, carbs, the additional amout of fuel after rejetting is always a big part of more power.

Good luck.

Edited by sredish

sredish is right on...trial and error. we can only get you close and its up to you to fine tune it to YOUR shee....run it wide open and pull the plugs, that'll tell all...too rich and you'll lose hp, to lean and you'll lose hp...find the sweet spot by reading your plugs....BTW, whos faster??