Just Got My Gun Liscense

imo the glocks are a good back up weapon when you need to draw and shoot fastr and not worry about a safty or anything. the newer walther p99's are nice but a bit uncomfortable for a side arm consilment. but the features on them and the comfort of them make up for it. those two are my choices for a ccw. but you need to think about reason and rymy for what your doing with the gun. sure id love to carry my d.e. 50, but ,,,,,,,, it is a tank. for shits and giggles i brought my de to the sherrifs shooting range and poped one off and i never seen so many people jump like that before, ahh good times !! be smart and safe.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo the glocks are a good back up weapon when you need to draw and shoot fastr and not worry about a safty or anything. the newer walther p99's are nice but a bit uncomfortable for a side arm consilment. but the features on them and the comfort of them make up for it. those two are my choices for a ccw. but you need to think about reason and rymy for what your doing with the gun. sure id love to carry my d.e. 50, but ,,,,,,,, it is a tank. for shits and giggles i brought my de to the sherrifs shooting range and poped one off and i never seen so many people jump like that before, ahh good times !! be smart and safe.

I bring my .44 mag DE to the ranges here. At the 3 ranges I have been to it takes about 2 clips and I have 3-4 people asking me, as one guy put it when I was at the indoor range, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SHOOTING?? I'M DOWN AT THE OTHER END AND I CAN FEEL THE CONCUSSION IN MY CHEST!!!!When are you leaving?"

He really asked me when I was leaving....I told him I just popped off 2 clips, so about 60-70 more rounds..... :blink:

Oh and Evil, I have a shoulder holster for it. lol...I've put it on, and then put the loaded gun in it, and the thing just slides to the front. I've tried everything, but its kind of hard to keep a 12lb gun under your armpit and still be able to move.

Edited by Cotton eyed Joe

Dad and I have been looking at those .500 S&W's and the .500 Magnum Research, the same people that make your DE. 450grain with 2600ftlbs of energy (I think that's right, almost twice that of a .454 casul). Good for plucking some starlings around the house or the local bears if they decide to attack.

Got to love the Colt Anaconda .44 mag with 8 in ventalated barrel! The Colts a pretty rare around here. I was told by the arms dealer that i use that Colt went back to strictly milatary. Is that true?

Right on! You're not fucking around with one of those big bastards! I dunno about Colt going strictly military though....nope, just checked, they're still pimp'n...http://www.colt.com/CMCI/home.asp :headbang:

the newer walther p99's

I can't find my dad's...he had one(was the QA-quick action) that he kept by the door at our house on the farm. When he died no-one made it out to the farm for a couple days...when I got out there to round up the arsenal, the walther & my grandad's sawed off 4.10 homemade pistol was gone....still haven't found it. I have a feeling one of my dickwuad relatives snagged it & didn't bother to tell me, it'll really suck to be the person I find out who took them. :angry: The walther was sweet though, never jammed once and have a great feel to them.

DUNEDEMON,...I gotsta protect the stash man... B) hehe :P

pic1.jpg

My Glock model 30 and a Beretta Bobcat 21 (.22LR).

Another pic of the Beretta if you thought it was real small... heheh...

bobcatdisk.jpg

The beretta is easy as hell to toss in a coat pocket or elsewhere if you don't want to carry with a holster or another "normal" style. The Glock 30 is fantastic and I love it as a carry weapon. 10 rounds of .45 Glasier slugs or Federal Hydro-shok is nothing to scoff at...

Edited by nater006

I got it originally because it was "scuffed" slightly and a fantastic deal due to that. No real scuffings but hey, whatever! Its a .22LR and you can loose all the rounds in it in no time at all. Its extremely accurate, too. I can consistently plink stuff at 25yds with it with no problem, and so its not hard to point and click for self defense. Another pic of the pop-up barrel (not needed but just to show..)

bobcatbarrel.jpg

I can't believe the H&K USP's weren't mentioned! I love mine. Thats what the Seals use. They're super smooth and high cap is awesome! My bro has two matching berreta centurions (similar to 92fs) and loves um. They are very durable guns. Next I want some sort of 1911 - Colt, Springfield, Kimber, Smith & Wesson, etc.

I'd love to find a good deal on a D.E. .50cal. They are banned from some ranges around here because when they hit the steel drop targets, they dent them and make it possible for other rounds to deflect off of them. But the leader of our county's SWAT team has been known to carry his on duty..Thats one hell of an intimidation factor. The main reason I want one. If somebody is looking at the business end of that .50, their attitude will change realllly quick. If not, they better be in good with the man upstairs :cheers:

only you can decide what gun is best for you, ie. what you want to do with it, where you are going to carry it, how big your hands are, how well you shot, how much money you want to spend ect, ect,.. BUT you guys are leaveing out one to the foremost gun makers in the world Bill Ruger. my personal hand gun is a p89 9mm. I love it might go w/the 45apc if I had it to do over but there is nothing wrong with the 9 it shoots great easy to maintain reliable and cheap to feed. you should check out the Ruger assortment before you make a decision JMO

I'd love to find a good deal on a D.E. .50cal. They are banned from some ranges around here because when they hit the steel drop targets, they dent them and make it possible for other rounds to deflect off of them. But the leader of our county's SWAT team has been known to carry his on duty..Thats one hell of an intimidation factor. The main reason I want one. If somebody is looking at the business end of that .50, their attitude will change realllly quick. If not, they better be in good with the man upstairs  :cheers:

The indoor range down the street from me has one for rent at their range. $20, and one box of .50AE for $20, and you're set.

They said they've had over 10,000 rounds through it, and all they had to do was put a spring kit in it. I just did that to mine after 3000.

I keep mine at the shop incase someone barks at my shop rate.

anything H&K if you got the cash, just like colt or kimber. i carry a one of 1911 based, and mom carries a kimber ultra carry II. Dad on the other hand, pretty much what ever he feels like. We went to the range monday, and blow a couple of holes threw the backstop playing with our MP5's. If you want a colt or a kimber pm me, my dad's a dealer. Or he can get you some GI stuff.

Led is that a gold cup or a match???