Talked To Trinity About C.v.

KRMit

Ok, here's a different perspective to try to help you. Keep going bigger on the main, till it either fouls a plug or bogs out from richness. Forget about the power for right now or the flatness. If it's flat and keeps running smooth, no boggines, then go higher. Go as high as you can till it sputters out. If it's sputtering, pull the plug and look for oil. If oil is there, and it should be if you've gone up and it's sputtering, then back it off till it quits sputtering. You'll be pretty close then.

Scott

Does the needle make much difference? The folks at Trinity suggested a DEL needle and mine came with a DGK. Think that makes much of a difference? I'm thinking the diameter might have an effect on my off-idle hesitation.

I'd worry about one thing at a time to eliminate making it overwhelming.  Just concentrate on your main.  When you get your main set, then worry about your needle and how it's set.

Good idea.

I threw a 205 main in today and took it for a run. That's 4 sizes higher than the last jet I tried and the topend still seemed to be the same. It's like the RPMs just stop at a certain point and refuse to go higher. Here's a pic of a plug after the run. I rode it pretty hard for a few minutes and brought it home and took the plug out.

plug.JPG

Looks good to me.

I have a question those guys, mines loading up at Idle and has a tad bogggg sound. Yet it will still spit sand nicely when its like that.

I can get it to do it continuously in like 2nd 3rd.

Sounds like Chong in up in smoke when cheech eats all the acid.

Booohoooo hoo hooo I've never seen anyone eat that much acid before.

It doesn't feel real close. The topend is getting flatter every main size I go up. And I just don't understand why I would need to jet so high. Keihin only makes mains up to 230. Maybe I'm having trouble because it's the 35 and not the 33?

It doesn't feel real close.  The topend is getting flatter every main size I go up.  And I just don't understand why I would need to jet so high.  Keihin only makes mains up to 230.  Maybe I'm having trouble because it's the 35 and not the 33?

What clip do you currently have the needle in? Put in the 4th if it's in not there. If it's in the 4th, put it in the 5th and see. What I'm saying is go up a clip to see if that will help pull some more fuel through in the transition between the two circuits. That may be what your feeling.

I'd still keep moving up slowly on the main. Go to a 210, then a 215 and see which feels runs better, but don't change the needle and the main at the same time, one by one so you know what is doing what.

Scott

What clip do you currently have the needle in?  Put in the 4th if it's in not there.  If it's in the 4th, put it in the 5th and see.  What I'm saying is go up a clip to see if that will help pull some more fuel through in the transition between the two circuits.  That may be what your feeling. 

I'd still keep moving up slowly on the main.  Go to a 210, then a 215 and see which feels runs better, but don't change the needle and the main at the same time, one by one so you know what is doing what.

Scott

I've got the needle in the 4th clip. I've tried it in 3rd, 4th, and 5th with no difference at WOT. I've went from 175 to 205 in increments and it seems to get worse or stay the same with every increase. It feels like it's too rich, but that's not what the plugs say. I'm real tempted to throw in a 168 or 170 and see what happens, but I'm scared of burning up the motor. My water temp seems to only go up to about 140 now for some reason too. To me all factors point to it being rich, but the plugs come out pretty clean after a WOT run. I'm probably going to wait till Saturday before I try anything else. I think my neighbors are getting pissed at me for riding up and down the road. The group I ride with may be able to help me out Saturday. At any rate, I'll be back with an update. Thanks for the help!

I'm probably going to wait till Saturday before I try anything else.  I think my neighbors are getting pissed at me for riding up and down the road.  The group I ride with may be able to help me out Saturday.  At any rate, I'll be back with an update.  Thanks for the help!

10-4

I'm 10-10 on the side.

B)

I would go back down to a 190 main and do a plug chop, so you can see the base of the electrode. That way you will know for sure if its running lean. It should be 2 plus mm from the base. Run it wot in 6th gear for 5 sec., then kill it, and pull the clutch. Make sure you also keep the throttle pinned. The main part of the spark plug you should be looking at is the base of the electrode.

Looks good to me.

I have a question those guys, mines loading up at Idle and has a tad bogggg sound.  Yet it will still spit sand nicely when its like that.

I can get it to do it continuously in like 2nd 3rd.

Sounds like Chong in up in smoke when cheech eats all the acid.

Booohoooo hoo hooo I've never seen anyone eat that much acid before.

Sounds like you might need to adjust the air screws.