Dirt Bike Pipes

Dirt bikes are my specialty. I am a big fan of FMF pipes. All my bikes and kids bikes have them. The 'Shee has them as well. For the 125 you have 4 pipes to pick from that FMF offers. First is the Fatty. Great mid on up with a little more off the bottom. The Rev pipe is all about top end power. Good in the mid, but not so good below the mid. Next is the Factory Fatty. A little more aggressive than the Fatty with a little better HP. All of these can run the same or stock silencer. Last is the SST. This pipes offers more everywhere. Bottom-mid-top. I just put one on my sons bike (RM65) and it pulls me well off idle compaired to the stocker and revs way more than the stocker. The SST requires its own style silencer as the end (stinger) of the pipe is of a different shape. The SST is also the most costly to buy. Decide what pipe fits your style and riding areas the best. My pick is the SST. All of these pipes offer more HP than stock and will be a good investment. Just remember to jet the bike with the recommended jets. A call to FMF and you will be good to go. I called them up 2 weeks ago when I got Fatty pipes on the Banshee and they were great. They gave me spot-on jetting info. Good luck. Check on EBAY as they have new pipes for a lot less than retail.

Matt

If you can afford it, get the SST with matching silencer. If you do not want to spend the $$, then opt for the Fatty or Rev. I would pick the Rev over the Fatty if you race in MX on more open tracks and are an advanced rider. Another thing would be to run the Rev pipe and a Shorty silencer. The best of both worlds than is almost like the SST.

"Pro Circuit Works with Factory Sound silencer Fit: A / Overall Rating: A Comments: Picked as the head honcho by one tester, the PC comes to life from the first blip of the throttle. Bottom is superior overall and pulls harder while exiting corners. As the revs start to climb, it keeps pulling until screaming its brains out way up top."

this is right out of dirt rider magazine. they say PC is the best for the yz

I owned two '90 CR500Rs a few years ago. The second one I went expecting to buy a '91 but the guy had slapped the "new" Honda dirtbike red plastics on it and tried to pass it off. Anyway I got it for a song after pointing it out to him... ;)

One had an FMF setup, and the other had a Pro Circuit setup. Just have to say that the Pro Circuit one felt nicer throughout and I liked it a bit more. It was a nicer pipe, IMHO... the bikes were identical otherwise.