Fmf Fatty And Toomey T-5

Ducman

I heard on a thread last week that the T-5 pipes and the FMF Gnarley/Fatty silencers were interchangeable. I would love to have the T-5's for the dunes and keep the fatties for riding at home. Also I do a lot of riding that requires sprakarrestors and the FMF turbinecore II's that I am running have them built in but dont kill sound or performance. It would save $ to be able to just buy the T-5 pipes. Any other high rev pipes interchangeable with the FMF silencers becides the T-5's that you know of, info would be appreciated as well.

I know the the toomey's and the fatty's are not, I have both. The toomey's are short and made for a top end pipe. The fattys are a lot longer and are made for mid range pipe.

Yeah, I'm skeptical that any one pipe companys silencers would happen to have the same exact meating point, flange size, and angle as anothers. I just heard someone say on a thread that the T-5 and older toomy's would fit the FMF Fatty/Gnarley silencers. I think if they fit they should work fine together but the cahances of fittng interchangeably without modification are probably slim. The Gnarleys are awsome for the riding I do near home, but I would like more top end for dune riding so I was hoping the the T-5s would work with the trubine core II's. Dirtbike Killer, Which model of Toomeys do you have?

You can make anything fit, but they don't work right together. You dont want a long stinger on a topend pipe or a short stinger on a mid pipe. You will mess with the design of the pipe. I let my friend use my fmf silencers after a dirtbiker side swiped him and messed up his Pc's. The bike ran alright , but not great it was always a little off. I know you would have to do a little modding to get those on, because they are a lot longer. If you didn't someone else did, because they just dont bolt on. I'm sure you didn't buy them new, and if you did.........well I'm just hoping you didn't

I know the the toomey's and the fatty's are not, I have both. The toomey's are short and made for a top end pipe. The fattys are a lot longer and are made for mid range pipe.

Yeah, I'm skeptical that any one pipe companys silencers would happen to have the same exact meating point, flange size, and angle as anothers. I just heard someone say on a thread that the T-5 and older toomy's would fit the FMF Fatty/Gnarley silencers. I think if they fit they should work fine together but the cahances of fittng interchangeably without modification are probably slim. The Gnarleys are awsome for the riding I do near home, but I would like more top end for dune riding so I was hoping the the T-5s would work with the trubine core II's. Dirtbike Killer, Which model of Toomeys do you have?

I have the t'6. You can get the silencers on there but the back bolt doesn't line up. The sst silencers I hear or top end pipes. Their silencers may fit.

dirtbike killer

From what I can see in the picture, the stinger on the pipe meets the silencer in the same location as on the FMF. So that makes it appear as if it will work fitment wise. Your saying that the FMF silencer (made for low/mid range) is longer so it must stick out at the rear of the bike further then correct? It doesn't look to really stick out any farther, how much difference in length is it? I'm getting tempted to try it.

I know it doesn't work on my pipes. The stinger will go on the pipes, but is to long to line up to the rear bolt holes. Stingers are made a certain lenth for a reason. Top end pipes need to bleed off more back pressure, so there shorter. Mid range pipes bleed off less so there longer. I think someone modified those stingers on his, or there not pc2's. You might be able to use the silencers with no problems, but I know the stingers are to long.

• 19 years later...

i know its a old post but i found some t5 pipes without exhaust for 150€ but one is welded, but otherwise its 360€ for some fmf fatty with exhaust

i already have power core 1 fmf exhaust and fatboy 2 exhaust that i run on stock pipes

will t5 pipes with fatboy 2 exhaust work? (i love the sound of the fatboy2)  fmf are to long i find