Idle Kit

like you said, its pretty simple. the directions tell you exactly what needs to be done so follow them.

- be careful not to let the drill go through and hit the other side

- you do not need to tap the entire hole

- clean the carbs completey begore putting them back on (metal shavings)

the kit will tell you to just file the boss till its smooth, well from what i learned and dealt with you will have to remove about 1/8 roughly so the screw will hit the slides with the lock nuts on. if you file and put it together and you cant keep it idling with the screws in all the way with the nuts then you will have to remove more.

make sure you back out the tap every half turn or so to break the chips so you dont break the tap in the carbs. they dont give you vega taps in the kit, which have spiral flutes on them. with vega taps you dont have to back the tap out to break the chips, which is a little more user freindly, i dont know why they dont include those taps in the kit. and use good tap fluid or the best cutting oil you can find. you can put a peice of wood or something in the carb bore when your drilling so you dont break through and hit the other side of the bore.

when i bought mine it had the tors removal kit on it. witch is just the new cable basically right?

what is this idel kit? and how would i go about finding out if the prevous owner did it? is this for stock carbs, be cause thats what i got? thanks

BTW glad it went down with out a hitch. lol