Premix Oil

KRMit

There are many debates and opinions on which premix oil is better, but is there really a difference? Gas is gas and it doesn't matter if it comes from Exxon or Amoco. Does oil really matter? A riding mate wanted me to go riding today and I told him I was out of oil and all the ATV shops are closed. He said I could pick up 2 stroke oil anywhere and that it really didn't matter what you use. That just got me thinking.

I wouldnt say gas is gas. I never go to small "no name" stations if I can help it. The smaller stations dont use gas as quickly, some of it can sit around for awhile.

Like most other things, the stuff people have had most luck with in terms of premix oil isnt expensive at all i.e. Castor, Amsoil, Motul etc.. I say stick to name brand synthetics and buy extra.

I wouldnt say gas is gas. I never go to small "no name" stations if I can help it.  The smaller stations dont use gas as quickly, some of it can sit around for awhile. 

Like most other things, the stuff people have had most luck with in terms of premix oil isnt expensive at all i.e. Castor, Amsoil, Motul etc.. I say stick to name brand synthetics and buy extra.

I've been running Castor and don't plan to stop. Would it cause any problems to run some oil from AutoZone every once in a while though?

• Like 1

I use Valvoline twc3 at 2.50$ a quart and have loved it for the past year Ive been using it. I have had my cylinders off twice to inpsect and its all clean lil daddy

That's about what I need. I'm sick of paying $6 or $7 bucks a bottle.

That's about what I need.  I'm sick of paying $6 or $7 bucks a bottle.

You oughtta check out prices on gallon containers of oil....One, you won't have to buy oil as often and secondly, you get a much better deal on the overall price...It's what I did, I get a gallon of Klotz for $30-35...Already filled up 3 tanks and am no where near empty on the gallon. Just a thought :)

stick w/1 oil..

U will tell the difference in your motor,and the way it runs..

I have always run klotz r50 syn.

that is just me though..

oil has different viscosity"spelling"!

1 might be a little heavier than another 1

it might be fine to 32 to 1 on 1

but, not the other !

Premix Oil, Does it really matter?

Not really. Just make sure you mix with the recommended ratio of the oil company, and stay with that oil. There are lots of opinions, but it seems that most oils work pretty good. I'd also say to use a reputable motorcycle oil designed for racing 2 strokes and not the cheap stuff from wal-mart. Most oils that a motorcycle shop carry should work well, and you can get the same oils cheaper at some other retailers, like Magic Racing or Rocky Mountain ATV.

lol I actually used some el cheapo 5 dollars a gallon oil from walmart in my blaster for 3 YEARS! and for the first year to year and half I rode almost EVERY day and I don't just put around, I ride pretty damn hard no kidding and I had good compression as long as I had it, I guess I was just lucky, I dunno maby in a shee that is more high performance you shouldn't use it but in my blaster it worked great..?

I would trya nd stay away from the cheapo oils though, I only used that because I didn't know anything about engins and oils and what not, I would run a nice synthetic or semi synthetic...JMO

Yeah, all your opinions make sense. I continue to run the same oil I have been and just choke down the high prices. I'm starting to get back in the habit of hanging out with a guy who fanatically rides every weekend so I'll probably start investing in the gallons. But if I get in a pinch, I'll head right to AutoZone and grab the cheap stuff for a quick ride. I see what ya'll mean about keeping the same oil though. They all have different weights.