Premix Oil

KRMit

I dont oil my filter because it becomes clogged in the Florida dust so I always wondered what it was. Its the 927 seems to seperate somehow and just sits there' date=' it does the same exact thing inside your jugs and this is why sometimes your bike runs good and sometimes it doesnt with 927. [/quote']

I used the 2-R and switched to the 927. No problems with either one, both ran consistantly. If you look in your inake after the carbs there should be a fairly thick film of oil on everything like the reeds and a decent film of oil on the cylinder walls. Thats how 2 strokes work, using the oil in the gas to lube the piston rings and the crank bearings. I haven't had a drop of oil ever come out of my silencers unless I was goofing around with my jetting and starting the engine a lot without riding it and clearing it out. I don't put around very much either so that helps keep the pipes cleaned out. 927 runs as good and consistant as any other oil unless it gets below 0 degrees or you use a race fuel with a low S.G. which are rare.

Any oil will work fine as long as its a good quality racing oil made for a high performance 2 stroke engine. I would stay away from cheap chainsaw and injection oils. Also, dont mix 2 different oils in you tank at once because some oils can repel each other or be attracted to each other and it may do funny things to the mix of the gas that is in your tank like gas/oil separation. If you spend tons of dough on mods, wheels/tire ect., why skimp on cheap gas and oil?

I was talking about oil being before the carbs, the filter side.

Any oil will work fine as long as its a good quality racing oil made for a high performance 2 stroke engine. I would stay away from cheap chainsaw and injection oils. Also, dont mix 2 different oils in you tank at once because some oils can repel each other or be attracted to each other and it may do funny things to the mix of the gas that is in your tank like gas/oil separation. If you spend tons of dough on mods, wheels/tire ect., why skimp on cheap gas and oil?

Do you consider using Yamalube over Castor skimping? Shouldn't one work just as well as the other. If anything I would think the Yamalube would work better just for the fact that the same company makes it that makes the ATV it's going in.