Weird Problem

clint

i just changed my carb bodies, used the same jets that were in my old carbs, now there is gas running out of the pipes. it is not a stuck float. only runs on one cylinder, gas poors out of the other, until i pull the choke out, then runs perfect.doesn't make any sense to me. i switched it back to my old carbs, and it does the same thing.any ideas would help, thanks.

i have been playing with it, and now it seems to be ok as long as it is over an idle.if i try to let it idle it will drop a cylinder.pull the choke, and it will start firing again.i am running fatties, with k&n clamp on filters,stock pilots, 280 mains, undecided where the air screw should be so far.do you think i need bigger pilots?

How does it start when cold?? how many kicks and do you need the choke. Have you checked the compression? What is it? Make sure the equalizer tube is in place and the slide cutaway is facing the air box..

slides are in the right way,and in sync.gas runs out of the exhaust pipes at idle until i pull the choke.it starts in 1 or 2 kicks cold with the choke.brand new top end about three hours on it.still real good compression. banghead

• 2 weeks later...

If gas is pouring out the exhaust then going richer won't help....check the float height, sounds like your dumping raw fuel into the motor...you might want to figure it out before you "wash your rings out"