Airbox Lid On Or Off

You can cut the lid to if you want to stop debris from flying onto the filter. Cut the last 1.5" off the end so you still have all four clips....Makes a huge difference and didn't see hardly any difference on the dyno....A full lid lost 4-5hp compared to the cut lid, then only .5hp comparing the cut lid to no lid.....

Gar, The TwinAir foam filter is one of the very best foam filters you can get. This filters dust and fine particles much better than K&N. The only negative is that it is more restrictive than K&N. So if you really want more power, are ready and able to re-jet your carbs, and do not ride in the dust then K&N is good. Otherwise keep TwinAir.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the twin air with the foam outerwear and I like it. They are pretty tough. You can really twist them hard to wring out the excess oil or cleaning solution when doing maintenance and not hurt them. They have a duel stage foam layer for filtering out even very fine dust. They are a brand that has been around forever. I run with the lid off even through mud and watter with no problems but it does get dirty a lot faster and requires cleaning way more often than with the lid on. With your setup, similar to mine, you need to go up 2 sizes on the main jets when you take the lid off.

K&N outerwears make only a small difference in flow but help keep the filter clean for a lot longer. I think Banchetta said they dynoed with and without and it made 1/4 hp difference; about the same deviation you can get from one dyno run to the next.

just checked and saw my new shee has twinair filter on it. So question- airbox lid suppose to be on or off with this. I know k&n says lid off. Anyone use the k&n power filter lid?

my friend runs a k&n filter and powerlid on his raptor(booo!)and was very happy with the results sounds good too was thinking of gettin one myself for the shee!