Amp Link

chipdog

I have an amp link and I think they are worth the money. The amp link will keep the same tension on your chain no matter what you are doing and this helps get the hp to the ground. If you race flattrack it will stop your chain from slipping and your rear shock from bottoming out or hitting the ground. $50 sounds like one hell of a deal.

I currently have one on my quad, but I am about to take it off. I don't plan on getting rid of it. I just want a change. They are very noisy and have been proven to cause a slight hp loss on the dyno.

Eventhough I am about to take mine off, I can definately say that it works. It helps to provide traction, especially on uneven terrain. But since I am running a shortened swingarm, I hope to still have enough traction without the Amplink. I'll find out in a few weeks.

i bought mine when it first came out and have had no problems, thet say with the reverse angles of the rollers your chain slack will loosen instead of tighten when the rear suspension is compressed, it is a little noisier but not noticeable on the throttle..

A year or so back a neighbor had a really nice banshee with more engine mods than i could count but it wouldnt get any traction at all and the power was useless,he got an amp link and i rode it after he put it on and it was almost impossible to keep the front end down. Traction all the time. I think they are supposed to help keep the chain taught when the suspension is going through its travle but it seemed like it gave it a major increase in traction too,he also had switched from holeshots to mudmachines too though.