Strictly Rumor For Now

Just heard rumor that Honda is coming out in 05 with closed course race quad powered by CR250R. Is this just BS wish list from some Honda dealer pissed cause the YFZ is selling so well or could it be. OK, some dealer in Oregon told this to my brother this morning.

i used to work for honda. when the big boys from japan came to see our shop they had some cool stuff to show us. one of them was a 05 250r, Race ready. They said that it will be made race ready only, and will cost some bucks. The pictures they showed us had a pro circut pipe on it an showa piggy back shocks.

I been to that service honda website. the 250r they build is just a CR 250 bike motor in a 400ex frame with aftermarket crap on it. But it still pretty bad ass. They also sell new CR 500's.

Anybody know how much it is to buy one of the 250r's on that site? Also, how would you get a quad in the mail? Dont tell me it comes in a great big Fedex package. :rolleyes:

Honda has done lost the trust in the atv world. yeah, they got a 450r now, but a day late and a dollar short. They want to put us in awe again, then just do it already. We'll know it's the truth when it's on the showroom floor.

dont get me wrong, the R was king for yrs, but ther is no way honda will do it right again. im suprised yamaha did it for so long. we all gottta faceit 2 stokes r dyin, and the 4 chokes are finally startin to kepp o\up and beat us. but they gotta have the massive cc's and all this tchnology to beat our old, smaller size stuff. i think its lame they can run 2x's the cc's just to race us "fair". what is a 250 class if they let 400's in? wtf?

as to the new honda, ill believe it when i see it. hell i might even buy one., but it will never be a true R.

long live the R and the shee-nothin will ever top those 2 kings.

peace out yo, sorry, but i needed to let of some steam on all these 4 choke boys!