Wtf Is A Scraptor 350

i was chaeckin out yamahas site yesterday when i ran across sumthing called a scraptor 350 i said to myself wtf is that and then a lil lite bulb flicked on in my head

:o THAT IS A FUCKING WARRIOR WITH SCRAPTOR FENDERS WTF DID THEY DO TO THE WARRIOR I HAD A WARRIOR IT WAS A GREAT BEGINNER SPORT ATV

U KNOW I FIGURED YAMAHA WOULD STOP @ 1 ATV THAT LOOKED STUPID THEN THEY FANCIED IT UP A LIL FOR THE YFZ450 I FIGURED THAT WAS THE END BUT NOW ANOTHER 1 PLEASE TELL ME THE BANSHEE ISNT NEXT

1 OK 2 GETTING BOREING 3 WANT TO GOUGE OUT MY EYEBALLS WITH A RUSTY NAIL :blink: BUT IF THEY DO THAT TO THE BANSHEE I WILL NOT HESITATE TO SHOOT MYSELF LOL :angry::angry:

it's going to sell a shitload cause of the new design and looks. hell, they could keep everything the same, throw some fancy plastics on it and only a quarter of the people would know its the same bike. they'd say man, this one's much faster. :lol:

i don't really like the new "alien" look that the raptor, yfz, predator, suzi/kawi400, 450r all have, granted the 450r looks the most different. i personally think the yfz looks the best, but i'm ready for something different. you can damn sure tell when a banshee is coming at ya.

I don't think they will be replacing the Banshee with anything.  As long as it keeps bringing money to Yamaha they are going to keep producing it. :D

Nope, '05 model year and that's it for any chance of getting them new. The '05s start in the fall and when they're gone, they're gone. :( Oops, I feel tears coming.

u know i really liked my 87 warrior and it wasnt that bad of a bike until i beat it to death but i dont really like these new super hoopty lookin things they all look basically the same except for tha banshee and as for the new trx450r they should beat the designers with a board full of nails

#1 problem the look stupid

#2 problem who the hell wants to kick start a 450 4 stroke come on now

#3 they r a 400ex frame with a 450 motor shoved in it

#4 they use 90% 400ex parts

#5 its a freakin honda

#6 it doesnt say YAMAHA on the sides

hey sredish,

What makes you think 05 is that last year?? not doubting you, just want to know your sources cause I have heard dealers sayin it was the last year for the shee since bout 2000

I sure hope my source is incorrect. A really good friend of mine is a yamaha tech, yamaha racer and banshee freak like the rest of us. He worked with the yamaha r&d some and has connections with the factory. He has been saying the '05 year for the last two years. I'm having trouble remembering, but I believe I read it somewhere also, like in one of the mags, maybe Dirtwheels. That's a lot of why they don't push the banshee in the mags much anymore, because it's on it's way out. The stupid mags only want to "market" the present quads, it's a money thing anymore. If yamaha wanted to press the mags and use politics to get the banshee in the mags, like they do with the yfz, then the banshee would be in the mags, but they don't push it.

It's too bad we need face that the fact that the banshee will not be around forever. The clock is ticking in the amount of time left that the banshee will be offered from the factory. Even it it's not '05 and it does get pushed back for another year, say '06, it's still on it's way out. It has been slated that, in December '04, they will quit manufacturing, and they will sell of remaining inventory in the year of '05. Thing is, we all need to buy a new uncrated banshee and store it until that day comes. Then, they'll be like solid gold!! ;)

Later.