Cool Head Tips And Tricks

i just got my cool head today any tips for installing it anything i should beware of  thanks

put a touch of grease on the orings to help keep them in place and be sure to torque down in the correct order with the correct amt. other than, it's pretty easy. B)

It's pretty simple. Follow the numbered torque patern on the stock head, torque in that sequence to 10, 15, and 20 ft-lbs. One thing that is optional, but good to clean the studs when the head is off and put either grease or silicon sealer around all the base of all the head studs (from the top of the cylinder) to about 1/2 inches up the stud before putting the bottom half of the head on to prevent corosion on the head studs.

i just got my cool head today any tips for installing it anything i should beware of  thanks

put a touch of grease on the orings to help keep them in place and be sure to torque down in the correct order with the correct amt. other than, it's pretty easy. B)

When i put mine in i couldnt find my grease so i used butter :huh::D

• 2 weeks later...

When I go to put my head on, either in pieces, or all together, it always wants to drop one of the domes down when I'm working it down the studs. Only way I can think of to keep them up is to put it all on at once with sparkplugs in it and have some sort of bridge going between the plugs. Anyone else have any ideas?

I've got a tip. Break the tops off of 2 old plugs (just to make them shorter). Get a big washer thats larger than the hole in the top of the head. Put the washer on the spark plug and thread them into the head. That way it keeps everything together and you dont have the tops of the plugs in your way. Once you get it installed in place, take those plugs out, and put your new ones in. :headbang:

To keep the domes from falling from loose from the bottom plate of the cool head, I just put a bead of grease around the top side of the dome near the base and it stuck to the plate good enough to stay put. I use a sort of water resistant grease that is a bit thicker and stickier than the standard back stuff. I believe you can just set the domes over the cylinders and line them up with the bottom plate when putting it on. As long as you get it realy close the steps and little tab on the domes will line them up.