Sprockets

rider2005

For lowend go down in the front or up in the rear, I would go down in the front if I were you.

just an fyi, the rear is much much easier to change out. i remove the big hub nut and remove the hole hub/tire. change the sprocket, and throw the hub back on. much easier. personally changing a tooth or so isn't going to help your lowend much, just make you shift a whole lot more. that's my personal opinion, but others like the lower teeth up front.

I do mostly trail riding and will be able to get a 1998 banshee for $2500. I ride with a bunch of 4 strokes. And I want the low end of the four stroke( no bogging or fouling) but I like the power band of the two stroke

that's kind of a play on words. you probably mean you like the power of a 2 stroke with the low end of a 4 stroke. If that's the case a sprocket isn't really going to help you, just make you shift a little quicker. The sprocket idea is kind of a band aid for not having the low end power. If you want the low end power of a 4 stroke, run a dynoport 2 into 1 pipe, or some FMF Gnarlies, along with a single carb kit, and you'll be grunting like a 4 stroke and smoking their asses.

What kind of pipes are you running currently, stock or aftmkt? What other mods do you have?

Ok your trail riding.... Have you done the obvious mods yet?

Start from the beginning, improve your airflow! Your best bet for trail riding is to go with the pro flow system, or something similiar like K+N. Ok you have more air now you need more fuel and a more efficient way to get it there, so straight out the air box to the reeds. A pair of after market reeds and reed cages, will take care of that. Take a look at porting your stock cages if your low on dough.

Once you've done either of these mods you will need to change your jetting, this is agreeably the most aggravating tuning part of the banshee.

Follow the flow here from the reeds we go to the cylinder ports. You can modify these by changing the way your fuel flows into the cylinder, round any sharp edges, this will alow a smoother transition for the fuel to flow into the cylinder. Shaving the head is an option too but whatever, the point is make the power before you think about putting it to the ground. With the listed mods above and the mods you currently have, I see know reason you shouldn't be tearing these guys up thru the trails, unless your buddies have heavily modded 4-strokes. Good luck list your mods, I'm sure we can think of a couple more ways for you to spank those 4-strokes and empty your wallet! :D

I wouldn't run anything smaller then a 13 tooth front as a 12 is prone to breaking teeth. What size tires do you have? If 22's it's run a 13/44 if 20 or 18 I'd run 13/42 which is stock.

Slip the clutch in corners to keep the rpm's up and run that motor up high where the power is at. The clutch can take the abuse. A lot of people I know are afraid to use it right. If you use it right you should be adjusting it everyday..unless you go a hydro clutch.