Best/worst Place To Camp At Glamis

SANDSTAR

We like the washes also 4 usually easy in and out never had a traffic problem even on holidays and the dust well shit you are camping. If it is not windy never had a problem with the dust. Antd if you need something the store is right there and vender row also. It is a nice little dune ride to olds and a quick little ride to the bar so for me the best place is the washs. Plus it is farther from the rangers and they dont come around to much so thats a good thing. that farther i am away from them the better, china wall is not to far either. Comp is far but who cares the cops are all over there and its small. just my .02

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, the washes don't suck if you like to party hard, but if you are a bit of an anti-social type and you forgot your dust mask at home, the washes are not for you. Buttercup is where you need to go if you want peace and quiet.

I agree. Just got back from there last night. By 11pm, there was no noise at all.

Dunedemon,

I'm not baggin on the washes or the people that like to camp there. Nor did I contradict myself. It just looks that way when you use those "quotes" to chop my orig. statement up. To make my point perfectly clear, If I had to chose between not going to the dunes at all or staying at the washes, I'm staying at the washes. But if I had the choice between parking my motorhome at the washes and parking my motorhome at Midway, Gf, roadrunner, sweetmaries,pad4..Etc., I personally would park in a safer, more quiet spot than the washes. At one time, when I liked to party hard, I would search out the wildest spot. I'm done with that chit now.

To each their own.

No problem SANDSTAR, I wasn't trying to make you look bad, just trying to understand your logic regarding the "best/worst" spot to camp. I apoligize if I offended you, that was not my intent. I was simply stating my opinion. Glamis is a fantastic place to camp / ride, I don't care where any one camps, just hate to see someone have a bad experience based on the place they camped.

The more cash I dump into my Banshee, the more time I spend at the hill. I have camped at both places and I agree with you fully. I think after this off season, my banshee might become a (gasp!) trailer queen. I'm workin on a turbo setup that will be too fast/unreliable to dune with.(Trailer to the hill) On the other hand, I almost have the ol' lady convinced that we need a Tatum! :D

Yeah, I'm gonna need it.

I stayed at midway (buttercup) my last time out and the outhouses stunk sumthin' fierce. If you stay at midway, park away from the outhouses. But be sure to get to pair-a-dice for their breakfast bowl. (probably why the outhouses stink so bad!) :flush:

I got a winnebago, it dosen't do to well in soft sand. I arrived after dark and didn't realize I was within smelling distance of the shitters. I went the motor home route in order to pull rails. (paid my down payment monday! Got a delivery date of mid Aug) :D :D :D

May the force be with you. I went the 4WD Dodge / Weekend Warrior route myself. With the trailer fully loaded I just air the truck tires down to 15psi, put the truck in 4 LO and go where ever I want to camp, soft sand is no problem. :cheers:

I went last weekend and camped at geko for the first time and it kicks the washes ass. No dust at all and the canal is soooo close to swim in. The only problem is you have to go thursday night just to get a spot. Oh ya dont camp there because I wont have a spot either lol. If you have never been to the canal then you are missing out!!!!!!!Just bring a long rope to tie to each side of the canal by way of the ladders.