Alright, Who's Meeting Me At Little Sahara, Ok?

sredish

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going down from the 25th-29th of March, might leave a little sooner in the week if the funds are there.  Trying to decide whether to camp or rent a house to wash out the sand in my crack.  It'll be my first trip, really lookin forward to it.

you should just camp, they have showers at both camp grounds. and you wont have to worry about hauling your bike to the dunes everyday.

looks like i will be going down the weekend of march 19th and staying till sunday if anybody wants to meet up. 

Me 2!  That's the plan anyway...unless my shit's all torn apart & off getting powder coated. If not I'll be there with my rail, banshee, & 400ex. I'll post when I am 100% sure.

I'll for sure be down the weekend of the 19th. Don't know if I'll have the rail this time though. I'm probably just going to take the shee & EX, as well as my roomate's EX. Hopefully my stator gets in sometime this week. I pulled the stator out yesterday & it does look pretty melted...so that's probably what's been my problem.

Yeah,..if that doesn't fix it I think I'll just say 'screw it' & take it to a guy in my hometown that builds them for a living. What a life--to build shee's for a living. :rolleyes: I really don't wanna have to put around on the stock ex. I may have a WB full exhaust on it though before we go.

I really don't wanna have to put around on the stock ex.  I may have a WB full exhaust on it though before we go.

We'll be sure to watch out for ya then. :lol:

j/k. I'm sure that'll get it straightened out.

Would be cool to meet some of you guys. I have been following several of your forums. Not commenting to often. Still trying to get a feel for the site. We have about 15 guys going snake hunt weekend from KC. We are all leaving Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for the weekend festivities. We usually camp at the north end and just take it real easy on the paved road. Like I said would be cool to meet some of you guys. Let me know how to get in touch. :)

Some of our group will be going down Monday after Easter ,I'm going to go

down Wednesday .

There will be about 8 of us , some from Kansas , Texas,& Oklahoma

Maybe we can hook up and say hi.

Just shoot me a PM or E-mail

Right on,...I may just have to sneak down for a day or so on snake hunt. I usually don't wind up riding a hole lot that weekend due to all the idiots out there who don't pay attention to other people out there. But I'd like to meet up with some of you all too. When it gets closer to that time we can open a new thread on here & get it all figured out.

My stator came in today, my mom's going to pick it up for me so I can install it after I get out of class tonight. Woohoo! I'm pumped, shee's been out of commission too long. The ex is alright to ride, but I want my thrill back! :P However, I have refined my wheelying skills on the EX. Kinda excited to get the exhaust on there, that oughta give it some more grunt. It's already enough for the g/f, but she can handle it...still wants to ride the banshee all the time though, go figure. :D I told her that I was taking it with me when we go down this month & she regulated on my ass. God forbid if I take 'her' quad and ride it. I told her that I was only taking it for a back-up quad. Just incase the shee wants to be stubborn, never had any problems other than the stator. I go through stators like some people do top-ends! :lol: L8R all.

Right on,...I may just have to sneak down for a day or so on snake hunt.  I usually don't wind up riding a hole lot that weekend due to all the idiots out there who don't pay attention to other people out there.  But I'd like to meet up with some of you all too.  When it gets closer to that time we can open a new thread on here & get it all figured out.

What's the camping like where you camp Led? Is it good ground, or sand, or pavement? I'm trying to figure what to bring to camp in. I also need to know where to find it?

I'm sure we can go over this before the week, but my planning always goes into effect a couple weeks ahead, so I'm starting to make sure I have all my sh*t together.

serdish,,There are a lot a paved parking areas with RV hook ups , but these

will be all taken unless you go 2 weeks ahead of time.

There are several spots with good ground but they are just big enough

for a few vehicles , a small trailer and maybe a tent.

And there are a lot of sandy areas also .

There are a few private camp grounds that you can call and get reservations if you don't mind having to ride a ways to get to the dune entrance.

I don't have any of the phone numbers, but I'll try to find out .

One of the places is called "Sand Rat Haven "

Would anyone want to try to meet up with me the weekend of the 19th of March. I need someone to ride with. Do yall mind that I am only 17? I hope not because I would like to ride aorund with someone who also has a Banshee. Travis

the more that want to show up the better.