Alright, Who's Meeting Me At Little Sahara, Ok?

sredish

Sounds like I'm going to be in the north camp, probably the cowboy campground. Another friend of min is coming along, will have a 16' enclosed & a baige F250, blue shee & a prairie. I'll try to remember to bring a Zeppelin flag of some sort to put up. :headbang: I'm pumped...if I could only get that damn EX running right, I HATE WORKING ON 4 STROKES! :shootself:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like I'm going to be in the north camp, probably the cowboy campground.  Another friend of min is coming along, will have a 16' enclosed & a baige F250, blue shee & a prairie.  I'll try to remember to bring a Zeppelin flag of some sort to put up. :headbang:  I'm pumped...if I could only get that damn EX running right, I HATE WORKING ON 4 STROKES! :shootself:

Weren't you just having a problem with the shee, and you thought you might have to use the EX. Now the EX is screwed up and the shee is running. :flush:

Sweet, I can almost smell the sand... B)

Weren't you just having a problem with the shee, and you thought you might have to use the EX. Now the EX is screwed up and the shee is running. 

I got the banshee running the weekend before last. Had to put in a new stator....RS on an adjustable plate, advanced the timing +4. Shee's running better than ever! :clap: I also got the EX running last night, was having issues with the jetting but I got it dialed in....only about a 9hr process total. But it's running damn good. I was amazed at the power difference after installing the full WB exhaust on it. Was like piping a shee...night/day. Awesome, I'll have to take it out some when we go down just for chits...it's a nice quad anyhow. ;)

As of the time I'm entering this post, there's 1 day, 14hrs, 3mins, and 2 seconds until I'm going to the dunes! :dance::cheers::lol:

24hrs and i will be leaving for sahara

I hear that! Woohoo!!!! :cheers:

But there's always something that has to come up....went out for a smoke a few minutes ago & got to looking at my truck. <_< The drivers side rear tire(less than 30k on them) has a gash in the sidewall right above the bead. :angry: Wide & deep. :( Soo since I don't have the money, nor time to get a new tire ordered & put on, I'm going to squeeze my cheeks :huh: and hope I don't have a blow-out. I got a spare, but it sucks getting flats; especially when you're on a mission from God. :P Pray for me... :lol:

But there's always something that has to come up....

That ain't no joke. I have 4, yep 4, crossthreaded or spinning lug nuts that won't tighten. I have 8 new ones supposedly coming tomorrow. I also have 2 new front tires that are supposed to be here tomorrow, along with a new stator cover that my wife insisted I buy after she saw the trimming around the sprocket. She say's, "you can't go without a new cover, your gonna get caught in that". Sooo, now I'm waiting on that and it's supposed to be here tomorrow.

Well, that's where the fun comes in... :) Good luck with the tire.

Just got back. I was there all day Saturday. Raced some on the dragstrip. There were so many people there that is was crazy. And how about the wind?

There were definitely more people than I imagined. The wind was pretty shitty Sat. morning but it turned out alright, except my tent was filled with sand. I ended up coming home late Sat night, left around 8pm and got home at 12:30. Much better than sleeping in the sand filled sleeping bag.

In all it was a pretty good weekend, except for my bike was running like shit had a really bad bog in the midrange and i didnt have smaller needles and that made riding in general pretty crappy, and trying to drag just sucked, i couldnt launch in 2nd my bike would kill out and 1st didnt last long enough i had to shift right after i let the clutch go. I had a ok time i just wish my bike was running better.

whatsup blue? nice meeting you this weekend. i wish i could've rode with you a little more, but we'll catch it next time. i'll definitely be making more trips out, i just gotta straighten out both my rims a little more. :rolleyes:

What's up guys!? Sorry I didn't get to meet ya sredish, met BigBlue just cause he saw us pulling in & came on over. Hard to track peeps down with soo much fucking people there. That wind did suck some major ass, but I've been through worse down there...not a bad weekend overall, other than the masses and my shee taking a crap on me.

So saturday we're out riding & shee locks up into 2 gears again(damn shift forks, time to replace them I guess...) No biggie, was still moving just fine, stopped to tinker with it for a sec & have a smoke...started it up, No-go. :angry: I must have fucked the clutch or at least munched a friction plate or two...so we had to drag the fucker clear back to our camp in BFE by the exit of the north camp where we finally ended up. I didn't even tear into it to see what the problem was, will have to try & get'r dun sometime this week. I'll trade ya the jetting issue with my cluster-f*ck BigBlue! :P I just rode the g/f's EX for the rest of the weekend & managed to consume a few cases of beer. :wacko: