What Air Filter To Use

canadabanshee

It depends upon what type of environment you will be riding in... If you are riding in sand then use a K&N w/outerwear, if you are riding in another ypre of environment then use a foam... The K&Ns' are great airfilters, but they do have their applied application.. One thing that you do not wish to do is let a lil dust, or 'environmental-residue' get sucked up into your engine..... Then you will do with all sorts of havoc and expenses!! Basically, if it is only a dune bike, go w/K&N, if you are riding in various applications and NOT JUST Sand, then go w/a foam...

That is my .02/worth....

uummm.....The k&N is great for all around, get the prodesign adaptor plate w/ K&N and outerware.....I've heard the K&N isn't that great for the fine sand in the desert, but I wouldn't know since I don't ride desert, but I do ride everything else and love my K&N. I never have any sand in my carbs when I pull them off...

YES!! get the pro design pro flow kit on mine it comes with a aluminum plate you install onto the airbox and the foam pro design filter it works really good.

i'll second that. or third it, or fourth it, whatever. anyway, go with the pro flow. k & n for sand, foam for anything else. and remove the lid if you're not into really deep water much, and ditch the catch at the bottom of the air box so any water that gets in can flow right back out. major difference in power. will require jetting accordingly, and frequent cleaning, but well worth it. it will make your pc's come alive!!