How Do Ptr Mids Respond To Porting?

tbd

I would say that it would depend on your porting. I don't know much about this except what my builder has recomended to me. I do know that the mids were more impressive on my stock motor than they are on the new one. I have "heard" that the mids do not like a a high exhaust port height.

My porting specs are; 196* exhaust duration, 128* transfer duration, 130* boost port duration. With this porting his exact words were "those PTR mids are signing off too early for what you now need", "I think pipes right now would be the key to unlocking the power thats there".

Take this for what it is worth, but this came from a very well respected builder.

Then on the other hand Duncan's bikes are fast as hell and PTR mids and high revs are all he uses. So I would guess that if the porting is set up for the mids then it would work well.

broke

I have PT-mids on ported motor-must have right porting because my shee rips-love these pipes-these are the second set of ported cylinders Ive run on these pipes-love them-great from bottom to top,can lug them around and I weigh about 280!!!!