Coalfest

Meat

Chase73,

I need to run at least C-12 which i think is 108 (Dan told me C-12 is good for me that's all I really know).  So I'd be willing to chip in for a 30 gallon drum of C-12 or better race gas.  You figure were gonna each run through at LEAST 5 gals a day, probably more.  So you figure 10 gals a piece for the weekend which would be 30 gals for us 3.  Buying in bulk will be cheaper for us.  I can look into ordering up the drum then split it three ways when we get there.

If more people are interested we could go for a 55 Gal drum.

Thats probally a goodd call mcaf on the fuel what compression is your engine ???? I have 205 pnds compression and Dan built my engine 2 . Its a 4 mm 410 cc stroker .I was hoping to be the only guy there with a stroker :) hehehe I wanted a unfair atvantage in the drags . My bike is ported for to dans race specs .

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats probally a goodd call mcaf on the fuel what compression is your engine ???? I have 205 pnds compression and Dan built my engine 2 . Its a 4 mm 410 cc stroker .I was hoping to be the only guy there with a stroker  hehehe I wanted a unfair atvantage in the drags . My bike is ported for to dans race specs .

I'm not sure of the compression yet, I can't check it cause its probably on a UPS truck on its way to my house right now!!!! Woohoo!! X-mas in April!! I never drag race anyway so you could probably beat me on an 80cc dirtbike :unsure: It's the full race motor, cases matched, +4 mil LR MX porting, 40 over pistons, and a 15:1 (I think) compression ratio. Since Dan talks about compression ratios rather than numbers I'm not sure on the exact comp. He did say that C-12 is the best gas to run on his 2 stroke race motors.

O.K. yeah I just calculated your at about 14:1 (maybe thats what he said) so I think you could run C-12 (I'll check with Dan), Anyone else interested in race fuel?

So looks like we can order through RustyRider and it'll be good to go.

Rustyrider, can you get us a quote on 30 and 55 gal drum? I'm gonna email Dan ASAP about the 205 comp w/ C-12 assuming its good I think we'll put our order in.

Thanks!

soundss good I think my comp might be a little diffreent after i get it broken in I checked it now and i have not ever starteed it it still may have some oil film in cylinders that may through it of ? but , when i had dan build it i told him i would be running race fuel in order to have it full race specs :) sosunds like you have a nice engine 2 :) cant wait to see all the bikes i should have mine done next week i just have to get my carbs back from banchetta . and i can fire her up

I can't wait!!

I just ran into some weird math. I just went down to the street to the marina that I buy C-12 from. I bought 5 gals for 30 bucks so that's $6 a gal. He quoted me $328 (12 dollar drum deposit)so $5.85 a gallon. But then he quoted me $251 for a 30 gal drum ($12 deposit) which comes out to $7.96 a gallon? I think he may have quoted me wrong cause it just doesn't sound right. Anyone have any idea of what the price ranges will be?

Chase73

Dan just emailed me back, I'll PM you what he said.

It's the full race motor,  cases matched, +4 mil LR MX porting, 40 over pistons, and a 15:1 (I think) compression ratio. Since Dan talks about compression ratios rather than numbers I'm not sure on the exact comp.

I know this isn't about coalfest, but I had to reply to it.

That is the right way to determine fuel needs. Dan is a great builder that has true talent. You'll be very happy with that motor. I've also noticed Dan is posting on bansheehq again... and that's good for all of us.

Anyway, I'm still trying to sell the house so I can make it.

i will brign a few odds and end parts in case of emergencies liek enough parts to build a complete top end and a spare good crank. a few set of reeds and some sets for jetting and a whole lott of air filters anyone have any other parts contact east coast atv and i can deliver some ? dependign on size? and when u se eme out there u will know i will be the one on the 85 honda 350x or one of many diffrent dirtbikes! and you can email em at allicallen1@yahoo.com.

:huh:

I'll try to make it for 1 of the days, only because were headed to H/M the following week. I'm about 2 hours aways.

Is there more then 8-10 miles of trails / area? I love play areas, but also like to explore a wide area. My crew is very seasoned riding the black sands of PA, we ride Weatherly / Hazelton area.. alot. There's miles and miles of trails up there and hills, just last weekend we put on 40 miles and never crossed the same path. All umm.. non-legal of course.

I guess you have time, but is there any specific time and place everyone is meeting?

Is there more then 8-10 miles of trails / area?

the area is pretty big i guess, the town of shamokin sits at the eastern end and the town of Treverton sits 10 miles west at the other end, the land actually goes past Treverton a few more miles, maybe 2 or 3 more miles past the town of treverton is still riding area. the landscape here is rolling mountain ranges and valleys, "the strippins" is in the valley between two mountain ranges, you can ride on the top of one mountain, down into the valley and up the other mountain side and its anywhere from 2 to 3 miles from mountain top to mountain top. So 10 to 12 miles long by 3 miles wide. Most of the strip mine land has been covered with trees and scrub pines, and there's miles and miles of trails. There's miles and miles of riding just behind Shamokin, once you get into the heart of the strippins there's trails everywhere and they crisscross all over.

I guess you have time, but is there any specific time and place everyone is meeting?

Well i'll be at camp on Friday the 4th, once the date gets closer i'll post GPS numbers, pictures and detailed directions from the town of Treverton. If you can find Treverton, i'll get ya's the rest of the way to base camp. Camp should be pretty east to find, I dont think anyone will get lost or confused trying to find our camp. We'll be camping about 1\2 mile from the main road, so you wont have to drive offroad very far.

Here's a picture I took about 2 weeks ago, its near our camp and its looking out towards Shamokin. Everywhere you see is ridable....

Canyon_at_the_Shovel_Looking_Towards_Shamokin.jpg

This picture is about 2 miles west of the first picture, again looking towards Shamokin. These pictures sure make the place look ugly, and it is in alot of places but theres lots of wooded areas too.

Out_by_the_Canyon.jpg

This picture is my son Alex sitting on top of an abandon coal shovel. There's old abandon mining machinery everywhere.....

Alex_on_the_Shovel.jpg

Here's Alex on a nasty rocky hill climb.... he just had to climb to the top of it.

Halfway up...

Hillclimb_Alex_Halfway_up.jpg

Alex made it to the top...

Hillclimb_Alex_at_Top.jpg

Here's the road that takes you to coalfest base camp....

Road_By_The_Shovel.jpg

The "mile" water hole. This is a man made lake thats aproxx a mile long, it was made when the miners dug a trench, hit an underground water supply and it flooded the trench. They say the mile is around 80 feet deep. This picture is taken at the uglier west end and its looking towards Shamokin. There's about 10 more large man made lakes like this one found in the strippins.... Its a great place for a swim.

The_Mile_Looking_Towards_Shamokin.jpg

This is an area we call "the green grassys".... cause there's rolling green grassy hills to rip around on. The coal companies made the hills and now they're covered with tall grasses. Theres a little S track here to screw around on....

me_racing_full_throttle.JPG

S race track to zip around on....

S_turns_in_our_track.JPG

Another of the track....

Part_of_our_race_track.JPG

And one more picture, this is a shot of "Coal Hill"...

Coal_Hill_Picture_Chencer.jpg