Replace Flywheel Only ?

HASTY

my flywheels rivits became loose so i replaced it with an rz flywheel ,thinking this would be ok, after rebuilding motor had no spark, had coil cheaked out by auto electrician, said was faulty so brought new one, still no spark before going further put old flywheel back on and got spark ,pissed off with auto elect,rz flywheel ?? do i have to replace stator as well ????? :(

The RZ flywheel is said to be able to work BUT if you compare the 2, the pickups on the rim of the flywheel are in a slightly different location. So you have to either increase or decrease the timing ALOT before it will work. At least that's what I was told.

rz flywheel doesnt work. i had the same issue.

and i believe those rivits ARE in the same location, but just a tad longer.

just place a rz and banshee flywheel on eachother and match up the key slidehole.

the rivits will be at the same point only the rz rivits will be longer.

also the magnetic field in the rz flywheel is different.

(put an rz flywheel over a stator (it will hover) and turn it you can feel the magnetic clicks, do the same with a banshee flywheel it will also have these magnetic clicks but with an offset.

in the end i got my shee to idle (this was when i reversed my pickup coil wires)

but it would never rev, like the parking brake was on.

get a ricky stator flywheel.. they are not as expensive as the stock flywheel.

Replacing the stator is not needed.

Your stator is still ok

And the rz stator wont plug/fit into your wireing harness.

I hope this helps.

G,day Hasty. Im an auto elec from the Gold Coast QLD and testing a cdi coil with an ohm meter is all you can do. I dont know what figures he got be accross the primary wires there is basically no resistance which probably through him off.

These flywheels do 2 things. Trigure the pulse coil and induce a voltage into the stator.

One the pulse coil side of things the only differance is the rz on has a slightly longer plate to run past the pulse coil, it should advance timing by about 2degrees which will not bother you.

The magnet in the flywheel induce the voltage into the stator. I cannot see this being a problem unless the magnets are considerable weaker. I have a rz flywheel sitting here so i will try it out to answer questions for myself.

thanks " Nighty" i'm in contact with Ricky right now working out cost and freight , the real price here from dealer $680.00 , criminal is'nt it, has to be cheaper even with freight , you think maybe $680.00 it might be gold plated LOL. :lol:

ok i just tested the flywheel out. they dont work.

i started my bike and warmed it up a little. killed it and swaped flywheels, kick kick kick and nothing, swaped back to banshee flywheel and first kick fired.

I do have a complete flywheel, stator, pick up and stator plate from an rz so i wonder if the complete deal will work

Thanks for the feedback Aussie racer

I do have a complete flywheel, stator, pick up and stator plate from an rz so i wonder if the complete deal will work

I tried this aswell. no luck.

I know for sure the rz stator will not mount up with the stock banshee cdi box.

I tried all kinds of wire combinations.. (with the risk of blowing the CDI up?)

But it wouldnt go.

If you ever try. please let me know.

Hi Hasty,

Do yo have the rest of the RZ Engine? If so convert bike to RZ power might be cheaper than getting a flywheel shipped in. If you do get one shipped get a lightened one you wont be disapointed. Taken 250grams of std banshee flywheel and 220 of RZ flywheel amde a big difference to bike reving up quicker

Rabbit