This Is A Lesson Learner... Mailboxes

Sheeboy12

Yes it long... but read this if you have ever mess with a mail box.

It gets really boring out here at night <_< . So 2 of my friends and i decide to sneak out in my Z28. We were sliding around in some parking lots and playing with the good ol' e-brake. The pavement was wet. We got bored with that and decided to go hit some mail boxes. I was driving, I knew better, I took responsibility. This was my first and LAST time to do such an asswholish thing. We drove down this trailer park road, and my friend hits 2 boxes. then he gets in and we skipp a few... then we saw head lights come on. :o O SHIT. The car came out and block the road :( , so i panict and slid my camaro around and shagged ass. i was soo scared :unsure: . i kept accelerating, i looked in my mirror to see if there were any headlights. Yup they just came over a hill behind me. then i look at the road and it curved hard left. I wasn't going to make it at 60 on slick pavement so i locked down my brakes and aimed between 2 trees, we jumped off of a lil hill and flew through a yard... Hitting a bird bath while in the air. Praise God, i some how slid 150+ feet through a tree filled yard and ended up right back on a nearby road! I continued to hall ass. My friends were scared shitless. It hit me then... My CAR!!! damnit. it drove fine. I checked out the damage when i got home :o . Front right side is crushed, the front R fender is cracked all the way down, it took out my right headlights and curled a lil bit of my hood. I diserve it. My shee almost got sold, i can't drive my car till june, i'm paying for the damage. Man i feel awful. Don't mess with mailboxes. :ph34r:

wow man,

been down that road once except mine was a telephone box and some nice luscious green grass. Didn't know you could get a hit and run on something like that but i found out.......cops were gonna come get me in school so i had to turn myself in. Luckily i didn't do any obvious damage to my truck and all i had to pay for was the pretty green grass i went through and it stayed off my record. Gotta learn from your mistakes though. NICE ONE!!!!! :)

All it takes is a little commen sence and some respect for other peoples property. You will grow up one of these days. You are lucky one of the mailboxes didnt come through the windshield. I saw on tv about a year ago where somebody hit a mailbox doing about 40-50 and the mailbox came right through the windshield and damn near killed the kid. That took balls to get on here and tell that story... :unsure:

I wasn't hitting the boxeswith my car :huh: . My friend in the passenger seat was. And we are lucky about thing comin through the windshield :unsure: . If i didn't jump through part of the yard then that bird bath bowl would have came right through the window... but i was off the ground enough for it to nail my right set of headlights.

Yes i have grown up, and learned my lesson with that, and i will NEVER happen again with me around. :D

Kinda off the topic...but be glad this didn't happen to you! <_<

I grew up out in the country,...well around my JR year of HS some dicks kept smashing our mailbox...thought they were cool the 1st couple times. Then I took a new mailbox, packed that bitch full of concreate, left enough room for the mail...and put it up. About a week later there was a dent in the mailbox, the concreate was cracked a bit...and there was glass everywhere. They evidentally took a swing, had it bounce back & break their window. B) Serves the fuckers right! <_<

SOunds like you lucked out.