Tree Huggers

i was just readin bout swartzanegar and how he is standin up against all those ppl out in cali. We all know what happens in cali, will spread. So i think it would be cool if we could make it known that this site is backin him. From what i read, he has slowed down them takin away our land, and that is a good start. We need to push them ***wholes bac. Im tired of not being able to ride, and watchin even state land being taken away. I see their point, in saving nature, but honestly, i ride to enjoy nature. I love watchin the sunsets and ridn out where very few pll ever get to be. The land is beautiful, and thats my way to experience it. besides, how many 18 and 21 yr olds do u know that still hang out w/ their parents on sunday, so we can all ride together. Actually, lots of my friends join b/c we all love nature and we love seein it together. Dont take away my way to enjoy life, enjoy my family, and my reason for gettin up every mornin(so i can afford to ride on sunday). Without out my quad and my bronco to get out and see nature, i wouldnt have a reason to live! Im totaly serious bout that!

So i was thinkin, if all ya'll put in ur own thoughts, and maby someone from cali, could find a way to make it known that we all bac him. The more ppl that come out of the wood work to fight this in the approiate way, the better are chances of winning. What do ya'll think?

Up at St.Anthonys we were catching salamanders the last time we went. We were trying to keep them from jumping in the fire, CAUSE THEY STINK when they burn up.

I enjoy being out in the desert. I always have. My parents have a cabin that is in the high deserts of eastern Utah, and I've gone there since I was 10. Its the feeling (like you said) of being somewhere, that perhaps no one has ever set foot, or even eyes on in quite some time, if ever. The dunes and the desert are a humbling experience. I get to see how insignificant I can be standing next to 3,000,000 tons of sand, and just the vastness of it all is amazing as well. Amazing that there isn't a home developer within 200 miles. :blink:

Hi guys:

If there is one thing we will never see in environmentalist-sponsored commercials it's mom, dad, and the kids enjoying the great outdoors on ATVs. Instead all we see are the few bad apples tearing up the national forests and leaving their trash behind.

Unfortunately the liberal news media supports the environmental groups and the public thrives on bad news - those poor, poor trees.

It is late or I would research 2003 revenue figures for ATV Sales and point out the economic impact that would result if we banned them. I could also look into all the sales tax and personal property tax acquired from ATV sales. In Minnesota for example 0.15% of all gasoline sales tax revenue comes from ATV use (state government memo)!

We have to ride someplace.

Regards,

Bill

out state land is being snatched away quicker and quicker every year. the snowmobilers have every right to ride but when it comes to atv's we have none. i would like a trail system on state lands, so like you guys said , we could go out and enjoy nature.

Hi guys:

If there is one thing we will never see in environmentalist-sponsored commercials it's mom, dad, and the kids enjoying the great outdoors on ATVs.  Instead all we see are the few bad apples tearing up the national forests and leaving their trash behind.

Unfortunately the liberal news media supports the environmental groups and the public thrives on bad news - those poor, poor trees.

It is late or I would research 2003 revenue figures for ATV Sales and point out the economic impact that would result if we banned them.  I could also look into all the sales tax and personal property tax acquired from ATV sales.  In Minnesota for example 0.15% of all gasoline sales tax revenue comes from ATV use (state government memo)!

We have to ride someplace.

Regards,

Bill

STLBill, I know from a customer that comes into my shop every now and again, but the ATV industry is right around 8,000,000 units per year. :o

Great post.

I believe most enviromentalists, although well intentioned, are for the most part uninformed activists fighting a battle they don't understand.

I wish it was as simple as showing support for elected officials that show some sort of backbone to these groups. Unfortunately, the general voting public views environmentalism, even radical environmentalism, as a good thing and any hint that you are anti-environment make you evil incarnate.

Those groups paint the off-roading community as anti-environment. They never see the large families who enjoy public lands together and respect it like it was their own property. Off roaders are some of the most environmentally conscious people I know. Just take a look at the big MLK Glamis cleanup every year.

I like Arnold, and I think he brings a fresh perspective and enthusiasm for public service that we have been missing for some time. I would love to see him use some of his authority to loosen the grasp eco-terrorism holds on California public lands.

I have not seen this yet. It's early though.

If you want a place to ride, and for your kids to ride, where you live in 10 even 20 years, you should really look closely at what's happening in CA and around the country.

The more ppl that come out of the wood work to fight this in the approiate way, the better are chances of winning. What do ya'll think?

Couldn't agree with you more. Many groups have emergerd to repesent the off road community with little success. The eco-terrorists are very well funded (mostly with tax dollars) and well entrenched in the decision making offices that determine land use.

I don''t have the answer, and I wish I could be more positive about the whole thing.

Sorry for the long post.

--END rant.

I hear what u guys are sayin, that we wont make much of a difference. But if even a few of us could pass this on to one other person, it would grow just that much faster. Yes, we are the small group right now, but thats y i did this, so that we can gain in numbers. Yeah, they do have taxes to fight us, but if we can get the word out there. Just let these ppl know, like u said, that most of us care greatly about nature, it might catch on. I know i have gotten a few ppl into this stuff, and they are behind me. If we each did that, we might stand a chance some day. Its gunna be a never ending fight, but im tired of just havin to bend over for these ppl that are takin away MY Land, and paying for it with MY taxdollars. I pay taxes, i should have a say in where they go.And the glamis cleanup started out small, but look at it now. Even me, in MI, has heard of it, and knows whats going on. What if we started something like that here? Its all a domino effect, we just gotta come together and support each other, and make it known.

Peace out :blink:

i think schwarzenegger is a good govenor to i always hear bad stuff about california and hippies takin land away its just makes me sick. i also heard that the hippies lit a dealership lot filled with new HUMMERS on fire in cali. not sure when that happened. i glad i have alot of places everywhere that i can ride on right out of my garage i hope it never gets that bad where i live

Good post Efward. Yes Screamin'twin, they did set a dealership on fire, they are terrorists just like any other. They also set fire to an apartment complex that was under construction here. Like Efward said, there are a lot of them that are uninformed but realy zealot to do somthing. With the current pollution controll devices on modern vehicles there were more harmful emissions released from the burning of those vehicles than would have been produced by the vehicles themselvs. I don't think it's about the environment as much as just trying to be in someone else's business. It's about controll.

Ok guys this is a topic that I feel VERY strongly about, so I will do my best not to offend any one. First off, just sitting here on our ass hoping the new govenor, or elected official will make some drastic change with regards to public land usage is a silly thought, in my opinion this is the type of thinking that got us in the situation we are in today. Any person elected into some type of mid to high ranking public office is genrally directed one way or another by (A) lobbyosts who are typically backed by numerous "fat walleted" corparations or wealthy individuals with some hidden personal agenda, or theese "tree huggers" (green peace, sierra club, earth liberation front etc...) who themselves are often funded through our tax dollars or the afore mentioned "fat walleted" corps. looking for a large tax break based on non-proffit organizations. Or (B) YOU and I, the hard working, tax paying, american off-road enthusiast. This is why it is SO important to get involved with some type of organization dedicated to protecting our right to ride / use theese public lands. Everyone on this site is here for a reason, we all clearly enjoy riding our ATV's (read banshees) it is a hobby, a sport, a business, call it what you want, but if you are like me you have tens of thousands of dollars wrapped up in this hobby, and for me personally it leaves a foul taste in my mouth when theese cock suckers try to close our riding areas as a result of some bullshit weed, a bird that flies over head, or a lizard that lives in the bushes and has made the "endangered species" list by way of a bogus enviromental study. So to wrap up this novel my best advise to those of you out there who really want to make a difference is GET INVOLVED with an organization, it's the best way to unite and work together to truly make a change. Check out http://www.asasand.com this is the American Sand Association's web site, and although we have a heavy focus here in CA there are links and sections dedicated to organizations across the united states. I've been a member of the ASA from the groups beginning. Our efforts work when we all work together. I don't care if your like the dunes, the woods, the track, the ice, the drag strip, or the desert, find an organization, join, be active if the efforts are good, and it will make a difference. Sorry for the long post, I apoligize if I pissed any one off, sorry for my horrible spelling (I need to get hooked on phonics) but shit, get out there and make a difference..........SAVE GLAMIS

Dunedemon.

One thing nobody talked about was how to support riding areas. One of the best ways is to belong to the ATVA, OHVCC, and my favorite the AMA. Anyone that has a dirtbike, ATV, streetbike should belong to the AMA. Dues are only like $40 a year and you can race all kinds of events if you want, since most require a membership. Write your congressman, E-mail them, show that you are against closing riding areas to the general public, after all why do we preserve it if we can't enjoy it?

Damn good post guys, anfd i agree we should all join these associations. I joined the ASA months agao, and im from MI. I'm willing to do as much as i can to help, no matter where it is. I'm now a part of an association that is takin away land(b/c we have a cottage at Silver Lake now). So im hopin over the next few yrs to get to know these ppl, and join in the fight against them. But with the access to beright next to them the whole time. I think it will be a great advantage to actually have met my opponent, in stead of just hearin bout all the new rules and not knowin where the are comin from. Please spread the word, and get more pl invloved.

Peace out. :D