What will win in a drag??

What will win in a drag??  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the camaro, not only because i like them... but i think it's the driver that's gonna matter too, i mean if u go out there and have never drag raced in your life before, i mean sure ur gonna lose if the other guy has raced before, but the camaro i think is lower to the ground, less air drag... Tires matter too... umm some of the 86 camaro's came with a 350 tpi option... dunno if it's on this one or not. Depends on what car's babied more, lots of things have to do with the race other then the car tho, how YOU launch, so on and so on... Also i think the mustangs are heavier? Not sure on this tho

JP

I had an 88 Mustang that ran 13.5 on the motor alone. I only had pulleys, 410 gears in the posi 8.8 rear end, AOD tranny with a 35oo stall, Larger Fuel injectors, edelbrock heads. This thing was quick for what it was. Anyway, a stock 5.0 will smoke an older camaro. Now if you wanna talk newer camaros, that is a different story.

oh, forgot to mention the camaro was a 6 man... lol i wouldnt wanna race a 6 in the first place lol... but i have seen some of those trick stangs and yea they're cool, hey i like that 67 stang u were talkin bout matt, is it red? lol most of those are. I like the fast back ones. I dont know much about ford i'm more of a chevy guy.

JP

My kinda chevy's... yes yes, 70 chevelle ls6... my best friends dad's car... help built by..... me lol cracked the original 454 block...soooo... CAN U SAY 510 BOWTIE BIG BLOCK!?! ALUMINUM RACE HEADS, STREET LEGAL NOT TUBBED, AND RUNS A 9 SECOND QUARTER?(want more stats pm me) :D i love it

fd19fcfd.jpg

fd19fcfc.jpg

ok all not to bash anyone liking of car , but unfortunately ...the stock mustang will spank the camaro all over the place....and yes the camaro was built to keep up with the mustang and spank it, but it never has.....even the ss camaro that is like 38k with ram ait and all tat stuff cant keep up witha stock gt with flowmasters on it .....TRUST me on this one guys i have been racing cars for a long time and i test drove a 1999 SS camaro, 1999 WS6 trans, a 1999 Mustang Cobra, and also a 1999 MUstang GT and the little gt with teh smallest motor of them all SPANKED ALL THE CARS !!!!!!!! now it wouldnt have spanked the cobra if that year for didnt fuck up and screw some stuff out with the maifolds and stuff only putting out as much HP and torque or less than a stock GT in sometimes, but i went for the regualr old gt 35th anniversary edition...i hated for i mean i hated ford......i used tohave a 1972 pontiac firebird, tubbedm caged, 40occ...turbo 350 with 3500 stall...cammed to all hell...headed done all the good shit i mean i cant even list it and dont want to cause it is just numbers puttin out 906 pounds of torque and i drove it to high school every day .....yes high school...shit i am only 22 now....then some bitch hit me in it and totalled the fuck out of the body so i sold it on ebay for 13K...but then i needed a new car ......bought the gt and ran 13.2 stock in quarte mile at firebird international raceway in az then put flomasters and slicks on it and ran 12.90 ...now thats the shit ....i had to wear a fucking helmet hehehe...sorry for the big post .....but camaros suck and i raced too may of them guys that sd that had a bad ass camaro or whatever and i had a stck as GT with flowmasters and finally squeeszed a k&n outta my wallet and some slick and was spanking them....IT IS IN ALL HOW YOU DRIVE AND HOW YOU LAUNCH PEOPLE >.....i dont mean to be a proffessor on this but i have been building cars and drag racing since i was 14 years old ....and have had lots of fun.....not to say that i havnt lost to things , but NEVER NEVER NEVER lost on the street only in competition at the track ....

so u are saying a stock mustang with a 4.6 with flowmasters thats barely putting out 225 hp. will out run a 1998 and up camaro or firebird with the new ls1 engine which is putting out well over 300hp stock. set up with better suspension for less spinning. and you will out run it, dont think so.

umm actually yeah it will and if you knew the specs a stock gt with 4.6 pumps out 260 ponies in 199 and in 2002 or 2003 (cant remember) they switched to 275 poinies......also the mustang is a muck lighter car and is much more controllable thru the rpms and revs much faster....if you dont believe me cmon down to indiana and i will show you ......hey who knows i may have just had a fast bitch from the factory, but i have seen many stangs run shitty ass chevy camaros and firebirds.....and as for the ls1 enginge (ram air right??) it will chew them up ..........no shit.......like i said it really also depends on the driver , but i knwo who i raced had manyraces under their belts.....oh and yeah i have been beaten by crapmaros and fireturds, but never on the street, only at the track where these guys got 60k into their cars and i have 23k into mine ......i mean christ man i was smoking vipers too and they all talked shit withthis little red car with a non working hoodscoop on it....pretty funny .......i mean not that i dont like the firebirs i mean i used to have one, but if you want bang for buck and reliability get a stang........my friedn works at a Ford dealership and will let me take any stang i want out to race ...i had to sell mine cause i couldnt put the banshee in the trunk of it and take it places....and i am not trying to be a dick at all ...i am just pointing out my serious tru life experience....i mean god i hated ford and all i wanted was a frieturd or ss camaro untill i drove one of them ........

oh and youy know what hammerhead.....mustangs also too have better suspension than before to limit spinning and they also have a traction control......and as for spinning i spun the hell outta my tiresi mean damn i launched 4500rpm and before i left the line i was in second , but when they gripped i flew by all the cars i raced and watched poeple look like they just shit theri pants cause when they left the line i was still there..., but thats jsut the way i drive and i couldnt figure any other way to get out of the hole without falling on my face.....it worked for me i mean geez 12.90 on slicks and flowmasters???? i was really impressed then not to mention all the other shit i did after that...but i wont og into those times cause the car was way far from stock.....