What kick starter are you guys using

My bike came with what I think is a modquad billet kick starter.  I have never had a banshee, so i don't really know what to expect, but kicking this thing is tearing up the arch of my foot. My right foot has had 3 broken bones in it, and is pretty sensitive to stuff.  The kick start mechanism feels awkward to me.  The motorcycles that I have experience with are much easer to kick.  My bike doesn't have heel guards installed right now, just stock style foot pegs.  I have size 13 feet, I feel like i have to kind of guide my feet down through the small gap when I kick it, and my calf is always banging the fender.  I guess its part of putting a motorcycle engine on a quad.  I ordered a stock style kick start assembly and it is supposed to arrive this week.  I may have to fab something up that has a little more surface area if the stock style one doesn't work out.  The one i have looks like this.  Anyone have any suggestions or insight, other than not being a puss?

billetbansheestarter.thumb.jpg.a045e0ff9df55484fda790e2d1bd8977.jpg

Edited by racin69z

I have size 13 feet also….what kind of footwear are you wearing? I’ve never had a problem wearing hiking boots/work boots while kicking. But after its winter nap, I have tried kicking it with tennis shoes on……nope…..won’t do that anymore. Also I am kicking 158/157 psi and have no issues. I do run cut down rear fenders, but when I put my fulls back on, I still do not have an issue with catching my calve on the plastics. Oem starter here

I started in crocs initially and that was a bad idea.  Then switched to work boots, but my foot was already pissed by then.  My bike only has around130 psi compression right now.  I was checking compression when the foot problem started.

I have stock kickstarter and I also have size 13 feet and only kick it over while wearing work boots or riding boots. My Compression is 145 psi I also don’t have heal guards but I do have full rear fenders and my calf doesn’t come into contact with the rear fender while kicking it over. 

• Thanks 1