LED lights not fully working

Hey guys, i have LED lights on my banshee. The lights are circular lights with a ring light round the outside then big LEDs in the middle. The outer ring light works, but the big light only shines very dimmly at idle, then when revving the bike even a little bit they turn off. I tested the light with a 12v raptor 700 battery and the lights shine very well. Hope i can find the problem soon.

Just now, 06 banshee 2023 said:

I got the idea for  the lights from michael sabo, he didnt use a dc conversion, is there any way i can do it without dc conversion?

You do NOT need to do a DC conversion for LED lights. You just need an AC-DC RECTIFIER. You can find them on ebay or amazon. It takes about 5 minutes to wire in. You can fuck it up.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/12v-ac-to-dc-converter-module-3-amps#reviews

I got the idea for  the lights from michael sabo, he didnt use a dc conversion, is there any way i can do it without dc conversion?

You do NOT need to do a DC conversion for LED lights. You just need an AC-DC RECTIFIER. You can find them on ebay or amazon. It takes about 5 minutes to wire in. You can fuck it up.

LED work better/longer on DC.

It's better to separate de high voltage from the low voltage (floating the ground)/DC conversion.

There is many video on YouTube on how to float the ground.

Like Steven said, an ac/dc converter/rectifier is somethink like 15$ on ebay.

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

17 hours ago, specialblend07 said:

Do you have a tutorial thread for this? I’m not too experienced with electrics, also would I need to run a battery

3 hours ago, 06 banshee 2023 said:

Do you have a tutorial thread for this? I’m not too experienced with electrics, also would I need to run a battery

You buy the regulator/rectifier that I posted. You connect it just how the instructions say in the link I posted.

Red goes to power, black goes to chassis ground. The other two go to pos/neg on light. It's literally a 5-10 minute job. 

No battery for the rectifier/regulator.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, specialblend07 said:

You buy the regulator/rectifier that I posted. You connect it just how the instructions say in the link I posted.

Red goes to power, black goes to chassis ground. The other two go to pos/neg on light. It's literally a 5-10 minute job. 

No battery for the rectifier/regulator.

So we don’t use the stock light wires? How does the light switch work then?

sorry if it’s a stupid question I don’t want to mess up the electrics doing something dumb

3 hours ago, 06 banshee 2023 said:

So we don’t use the stock light wires? How does the light switch work then?

sorry if it’s a stupid question I don’t want to mess up the electrics doing something dumb

You use all the stock wires. The thing I posted just wires into the harness. Your dimmer likely won't work anymore though.

This would be the absolute easiest way. If you want to buy a DC conversion, JL Engineering or JDS Customs sells complete ready to run kits for you.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:36 PM, specialblend07 said:

You use all the stock wires. The thing I posted just wires into the harness. Your dimmer likely won't work anymore though.

This would be the absolute easiest way. If you want to buy a DC conversion, JL Engineering or JDS Customs sells complete ready to run kits for you.

Does it replace the normal voltage regulator and wire in with the same wires as the voltage regulator? Do the lights wire into the same place?