Project Stroker

Ayjax

I just purchased this 2003 gem. I also bought my first banshee from the show room in 2003. I want to turn this stock beauty into a daily use monster. Any ideas or advice or whatever contribution to this build is welcomed. So far im starting with a T-5 exhaust, brings back memories. And from there well go bit by bit till it hits 80 hp.

IMG_4259.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 7:52 AM, Ayjax said:

I just purchased this 2003 gem. I also bought my first banshee from the show room in 2003. I want to turn this stock beauty into a daily use monster. Any ideas or advice or whatever contribution to this build is welcomed. So far im starting with a T-5 exhaust, brings back memories. And from there well go bit by bit till it hits 80 hp.

IMG_4259.jpeg

Don't even waste the time taking your time. Just do suspension and a cub setup with shearers and be done with it. You'll be money ahead just going straight into it.

T5's are probably the best sounding/looking stamped pipe. But they aren't good for much besides that.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:44 PM, specialblend07 said:

Don't even waste the time taking your time. Just do suspension and a cub setup with shearers and be done with it. You'll be money ahead just going straight into it.

T5's are probably the best sounding/looking stamped pipe. But they aren't good for much besides that.

I would have loved T5's but couldn't get my hands on a pair and their website has a backorder on them. I managed to find some clean CPI pipes, the normal ones not the drag pipes, but I think theyll be okay for the build. Which setup cub do u think I should go with? Serval or Cheetah or?? About the suspension, which brands are known to be the best??

On 10/25/2023 at 3:20 AM, Ayjax said:

I would have loved T5's but couldn't get my hands on a pair and their website has a backorder on them. I managed to find some clean CPI pipes, the normal ones not the drag pipes, but I think theyll be okay for the build. Which setup cub do u think I should go with? Serval or Cheetah or?? About the suspension, which brands are known to be the best??

do a 4 or 10mil cub. call a good builder and tell them your budget.

suspension - whatever your budget is. Fox shocks with Roll a-arms always look good

Has to be a good brand that makes strong arms, which narrows it down to Roll, Lonestar, and Fireball.

Has to be a brand that has a good shock program for their arms, which narrows it down to Roll and Lonestar.

Of those, roll has a MUCH better shock program. I like Fox but that’s just because I’m used to them. Any shocks that dyno right and have the right rates will be fine, but that’s a lot of work. Just go through Roll for the shocks.

Definitely want to pair the front with 4/1 rims. Taller stem with good bars will help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So far all of the engine parts, clutch (im just missing the case for lock up) and CPI exhaust. Now going to look for the suspension you guys advised me to 

Tried uploading a picture of the parts but the size of the file wss too big ;(